School is an exciting time in the lives of kindergartners!
Below are some tips for making this school experience a successful one.
- Always talk positively about school in front of your child. The way your child perceives your feelings about his/her school and teacher will have a direct effect on how he/she feels about them.
- Establish an evening and morning routine. Stick to it everyday. Children are more comfortable when they know what to expect.
- Practice self help skills until your child has mastered them. Tying shoelaces, buttoning pants, opening lunch and juice containers, etc...
- Encourage your child's independence by giving them daily home responsibilities.
- Go through your child's backpack daily, communication and cooperation between parents and teachers is essential to promoting a good learning environment.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the number to call to report my child's absence?
How does my child pay for lunch?
- The easiest way, is to pre-pay on your child's account. Please send in cash or check for any amounts and it will be placed in your child's account. Everyday that your child buys lunch, the money will be deducted from their account.
How much does lunch cost?
- Lunch including milk is $2. The children can also purchase water for an additional 50 cents.
Can I celebrate my child's birthday at school?
- Yes, you may bring in a store bought items only (individual snacks only). Treats will be handed out during your child's lunch time. You are welcome to come and join in the celebration or a staff member will pass it out to the class. Invitations are allowed to be sent home by the teacher, but only to the entire class or all girls or all boys. We do no want to hurt any feelings.
Can I come in the classroom to volunteer?
- Yes, please contact your child's teacher. You must have been cleared through the following website. http://www.browardschools.com/getinvolved
Click HERE for a list of Box Tops items
Click HERE for Kindergarten collection sheet for Box Tops
Broward Schools Virtual Counselor https://www.browardschools.com/virtualcounselor
Park Springs Elementary website http://parksprings.browardschools.com
Social Studies http://www.timeforkids.com
Kindergarten Skills http://www.literacycenter.net
Handwriting practice http://www.handwritingforkids.com