Welcome to 4th Grade
Start collecting toilet paper and papertowel rolls for our Rollercoaster Projects later in the school year.
Keep the rolls in a bag and send them to school in bulk. Teachers will let you know when to send these in when it gets closer to the time we will utilize them.
Expectations for Incoming Fourth Graders
- Multiplication/Division Facts
- Students take timed, 100 question tests weekly. Once they complete all the multiplication tests successfully, they begin doing the division tests. Knowing multiplication and division is a prerequisite for all fourth grade math skills.
- Addition and subtracting including subtracting across zeros.
- Narrative- story with a beginning, middle and end.
- Expository- explains- should have an introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion.
- Word Choice
- Students should be able to use vivid verbs and descriptive adjectives in their writing. They should also know how to put similes and metaphors into their writing.
- Writing should include who, what, when, where, and how. Writing should not leave the reader with questions.
- Writing should include correct spelling of fourth grade words and proper capitalization and punctuation.
- Read Think Explain
- Students should be able to provide short answers to questions and support their answers with details from the story.
- Students should be familiar with the format: topic sent, 2 supporting details from the story to support answer.
- Students should be able to read fluently with expression
- Students should be responsible for maintaining and turning in classwork and homework.
- Students should be able to follow oral and written directions.
- Students should be held accountable for their actions.
Math Games for Kids http://www.arcademicskillbuilders.com/