Attendance during eLearning
Regular attendance is an important leading indicator to help predict academic success. As our community begins the 2020/21 school year in the virtual setting, students are expected to attend eLearning during the scheduled class time.
Students will be recorded as present when they are in attendance during their teacher's live teaching session in the digital learning environment.
An absence will be recorded when students are not seen by their teacher during the scheduled class time in the live teaching session.
Teachers should be flexible and take into account the individual student's circumstances for attendance.
Grades K-5 Attendance
- The homeroom teacher will record student attendance in Pinnacle.
- Student attendance will be recorded during live teaching sessions.
- The student must be present during the live teaching session to be recorded as Present.
- Students who are late to their teacher's live teaching session will be recorded as Tardy (unexcused).
- Students who are not present in the teacher's digital learning environment during the school day will be recorded as Absent (unexcused).
Grades 6-12 Attendance
- Teachers for each class period will record student attendance in Pinnacle during their scheduled class each school day.
- The student must be present during the live teaching session to be counted as Present for each class.
- Students who are not present in the teacher's live teaching session during the scheduled class time will be recorded as Absent (unexcused).
- Students who login late to their scheduled class will be recorded as Tardy (unexcused).
- A student who is not present in the teacher's live teaching session will be recorded as Absent (unexcused).
Parents: Reporting an Excused Absence
Report an Excused Absence Online
Parents are encouraged to report the reason for absence to the school's attendance manager.
Using the Online Absence Reporting Form on your child's school website, under Contact in the main menu, select "Report an Absence."
Parents will receive an emailed copy of the submitted form. The submitted form will be reviewed by the attendance manager.
BCPS Mobile App
The BCPS Mobile App includes real-time attendance for students from kindergarten through 12th grade. Parents are encouraged to monitor daily student attendance to ensure that their child's attendance is accurate.
Report an Absence by Phone: Attendance Line
Parents may report a reason for absence by phone using the school's attendance line, posted on the "Report an Absence" page of the school's website.