- Park Trails Elementary
2022 Third Grade FSA English Language Arts Results Released
The Florida Department of Education released the Florida Standards Assessment (FSA) English Language Arts (ELA) summary results for third-grade students on May 25, 2022. Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) results show an increase in the percent of students meeting or exceeding satisfactory performance levels. The results are up one percentage point from 53% in 2021 to 54% in 2022. Overall, the state average decreased from 54% in 2021 to 53% in 2022.
- 55% (77 out of 141) of BCPS traditional elementary schools increased performance compared to 2021.
- Eight schools increased performance by 15 percentage points or greater compared to 2021:
- Cresthaven Elementary School (increased 25 percentage points)
- Village Elementary School (increased 22 percentage points)
- West Hollywood Elementary School (increased 18 percentage points)
- Palmview Elementary School (increased 18 percentage points)
- Lauderhill Paul Turner Elementary School (increased 17 percentage points)
- Park Lakes Elementary School (increased 17 percentage points)
- Sunland Park Elementary School (increased 16 percentage points)
- Palm Cove Elementary School (increased 15 percentage points)
This is the state's final year to administer the Florida Standards Assessment (FSA). Beginning in the 2022/23 school year, the FSA will transition to the Florida Assessment for Student Thinking (FAST), which will be aligned with the new state standards, Benchmark for Excellent Student Thinking (B.E.S.T.).
“We continue to focus on teaching and learning and providing students with the support they need to build strong reading foundations,” said BCPS Superintendent Dr. Vickie L. Cartwright. “We want all students to be reading on grade level or higher and reduce the pandemic's impact on student learning, particularly on our youngest learners. We appreciate and commend the hard work of our teachers, administrators and staff along with the support of our families.
For more information on the FSA Third Grade English Language Arts results, visit fldoe.org.
ABOUT BROWARD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
“Educating all students to reach their highest potential.”
Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) is the sixth-largest school district in the nation and the second largest in the state of Florida. BCPS is Florida’s first fully accredited school system since 1962, serving more than 256,000 students and approximately 110,000 adult learners in 241 schools, centers and technical colleges, and 91 charter schools. BCPS supports a diverse student population representing 170 different countries and speaking 147 languages. To connect with BCPS, visit browardschools.com, follow us on Twitter @browardschools, on Facebook at facebook.com/browardschools, and download the free BCPS mobile app.