Learning Never Closes at Parkside!
Learning Never Closes at Parkside!
Despite the challenges that this school year has brought us, our students and staff have really stepped up to the plate and knocked it out of the park. As we continue to work our way through this process, know we are available to assist you in any way. Feel free to contact our front office daily from 7:30 am-3:00 pm.
As many of you are aware, all of the individual schools are now handling ALL technical issues. If you are having issues with logging into your child’s Clever, Canvas, or computer issues, please call us so we can set up an appointment for you. Please know, we only have one micro-tech so in order to meet the demands of our 800+ students, we must take your name and number and call you back in the order we receive the calls. We will do our very best to get back to you within 24-48 hours. You can always click on the links below to try to trouble shoot on your own before calling.
In an abundance of caution given recent cyber attacks to local school districts, BCPS Information Technology Division requests that students who have never changed their password from its default, immediately change their password using the attached instructions. Please click on the link below in order to follow the steps to make these changes. Please make sure when you do change your child’s password in a safe place to remember.
Students are expected to ALL follow acceptable technology usage on any devices that are issued by the school board and using school board programs. Please click on this link to see the expected use guidelines for technology and here to view expectations for Social Media: Think B4U Post!
For more information regarding daily attendance, please go to https://www.browardschools.com/attendance.
As of 12/18/20, Meal distribution will no longer take place at Parkside. Alternate school sites will be available for families who opt for at home learning. Please visit our Cafeteria page for more information.
School Reopening Update:
The survey window for the 3rd quarter is now closed. If you have any questions regarding virtual learning at home or at school.
Please know as we get information we will share it with you. Our main goal is to make sure all of our staff and students are safe and we are working hard to make sure of it. Please check out browardschools.com for the most current updates regarding future changes and updates to virtual learning or watch the School Board workshops.
1/13/21 Start of the 3rd Quarter
- 8 Steps for E-Learning (English) (Espagnol) (Kreyol) (Portuguese)
- Distance Learning: 5-Steps to Get Started (English) (Espagnol) (Kreyol) (Portuguese)
- Download Microsoft Office 365 for FREE! (English) (Espagnol) (Kreyol) (Portuguese)
- Download Microsoft Teams (English) (Espagnol) (Kreyol) (Portuguese)
- All students should update their password in Clever! Click here for instructions.
- Instructions to Access Online Resources
- sso.browardschools.com (Single Sign-On)
- https://browardschools.instructure.com/courses/411 (Canvas Help)
- https://www.browardschools.com/learningnevercloses (Academic Resources)
- http://browardschools.com/coronavirus (Coronavirus Updates)
- Five Steps to Getting Started with Online Learning!
- How to Access the Single-Sign On
- Instrucciones para el Inicio de Sesión Único de los Estudiantes (Espagnol)
- Enstriksyon sou Single Sign-On pou elėv (Kreyòl)
- Instruções de Logon Único para Alunos (Portuguesa)
- Staff Office Hours
- How Students Join a Teams Meeting in Canvas
- Let's Read Florida!: Tips on reading at home and other resources.
- BCPS Technology Use Guidelines
- Social Media Use Guidelines: Think B4U Post!
- BCPS Calendar with Updated Dates
- UPDATE: Home Internet Access Expanded
- Access Nearpod Keyboarding Lessons
- Access the Canvas Parent App
As always, we are here to support you and will continue to keep you in the loop as information becomes available. Please check out more information by Liking us on Facebook at facebook.com/parksidecoralsprings or follow me @PrincipalLhall on Twitter. Please make sure to listen to your Parentlinks. Please feel free to reach out to our staff should you have any questions or concerns. You can access email addresses for all Parkside staff by clicking on School Staff Directory under Contact Us in the menu above.Thank you for your patience and effort during this challenging time.
Let's finish out the year strong and please have a great holiday break!