2020-2021 School Registration Information
Welcome to RPE!
New Student Registration
Registration for New K-5 students
Monday - Thursday 8:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M. in the school's front office.
School Hours: 8:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M.
Please Bring the Following Items With You:
Legal Proof of Age
Certificate of Immunization (Florida HRS 680). The 680 form can be obtained from the Broward County Department of Health or a Private Physician/Health Care Provider.
Evidence of Medical Examination (well check-up) within the last 12 months of
Florida Drivers License or Identification
Two (2) Proofs of Residency
Documentation of Grade Placement
Child must be 5 years old on or before September 1. Click here: READY FOR KINDERGARTEN?
Child must be 6 years old on or before September 1 and must have been enrolled in a public school or must have satisfactorily completed kindergarten in a nonpublic school.
How to Register for School
So you want to register your child in a Broward County Public School? No problem!
Below is a checklist to help the registration process go as smoothly as possible:
To find out the school(s) assigned to your home address, you can either use our School Locator feature or call the District's Demographics & Student Assignment Department at 754.321.2480. You must provide your specific street address and your child's grade level, and the office will determine the correct school your child is supposed to attend.
When you arrive at your child's school to register, please use the following checklist:
Checklist For Enrollment Of Students K-12
Schools have the right to verify any information provided by the student and/or the student’s parent(s). Students whose parents are found, after appropriate investigation, to have submitted fraudulent information in an attempt to register and enroll in, or remain in a school to which the student is not assigned shall be immediately withdrawn by the school and must be registered and enrolled in the appropriate boundaried school by the parent.
Proof of Residence (Domicile)
One current piece of evidence from the following sources in the name of the parent/guardian registering the child:
For registration and subsequent enrollment, the parent, must complete the Broward County Public Schools’ student registration form and submit one piece of evidence from sources listed in Column A and one additional piece of evidence from Column B (Both sources of information must match).
a. Current telephone or electric bill in the name of the person registering the child
g. Automobile insurance
b. Mortgage statement
h. Current Florida Driver’s License / Florida Identification Card
c. Notarized lease agreement with name, address and phone number or lessor
i. Cellular telephone bill
d. Mortgage commitment
j. Credit card statement
e. Home purchase contract including specified closing date, with copy of deep to be provided within 60 days of closing date
k. Bank account statement
f. Homestead exemption card
l. United States Postal Service confirmation of address request.
Declaration of Domicile form from the County Records Department.
Families In Transition
Parents who answer “yes” to the Student Residency Questionnaire (SRQ) on the student enrollment form must complete a Homeless Education Program (HEP) registration. This form shall be faxed to the Homeless Education Liaison by school staff. If the family qualifies for services, the student shall be enrolled under the McKinney-Vento Act and will be eligible for immediate services, such as free meals. Eligibility for services will be effective from July 1 through June 30 of any school year. Students registered under the McKinney-Vento Act shall re-enroll each school year.
The Broward County Public Schools’ Provisional Domicile form will be used when families who do not qualify for services under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Act are unable to provide address verification.
- Families who are experiencing a transition unrelated to economic hardship can register under provisional domicile. Documentation can include a transfer notice from an employer or a relocation letter. A provisional domicile form shall be signed by the parent and certified by a notary. Provisional domicile will provide a 30-day grace period during which a family can use a provisional address while their permanent residence is established. During this provisional period, the student shall attend the school zoned to his/her temporary address, not to the address where the family intends to live. Parents must renew the provisionary status every 30 days.
- Families who are unable to provide evidence of address due to extenuating circumstances, including, but not limited to undocumented immigration status, shall complete a provisional domicile form on an annual basis. Under no circumstances shall staff request a passport, a visa, or any other documentation to verify the immigration status of any student.
Evidence Required For Registration:
- Official birth certificate, if available. If such certificate is not available, the following forms of evidence are acceptable:
- A duly attested transcript of a religious document showing date of birth accompanied by an affidavit sworn to by the parent.
- An insurance policy on the child's life, which has been in force for at least two years.
- A passport or certificate of arrival in the U.S. showing the age of the child.
- An affidavit sworn to by the parent, accompanied by a certificate from the county health officer, that he/she believes the child to be of required school age.
Evidence Of Medical Examination:
Students, grades PreK-12, entering Florida Schools for the first time must present evidence of a medical examination performed within the twelve months prior to their initial enrollment (F.S. 1003.22). For purposes of this rule (6) only, enrollment shall be defined as the day the student is brought to school to fill out necessary forms (i.e. registration) for the purpose of becoming a Broward County Public School student. It is not necessarily the first day of class.
Evidence of Immunization
Florida law requires that, prior to a child’s attendance in a public school in prekindergarten through 12th grade; parents shall provide a Florida Certificate of Immunization form (DH 680). The Florida Department of Health shall determine the required immunizations. Required immunizations are outlined annually in a state publication titled “Immunization Guidelines: Florida Schools, Child Care Facilities and Family Day Care Homes.”
The original DH 680 form is a permanent school record and should be filed in the student’s cumulative health record. Students may attend school without a Florida Certificate of Immunization if they have a religious exemption (form DH 681), a temporary exemption (form DH 680 Part B) or a medical exemption (form DH680, Part C). Principals will issue a 30-day temporary exemption for all students except those who transfer from one Broward County public school to another Broward County Public school.
Evidence Of Custody/Guardianship
If the student is residing with someone other than the parent or legal guardian, the following provisions shall apply:
- If the parent lives within the tri-county area (Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach), the parent must provide documentation of custody by an appropriate state agency such as the Department of Children and Families or the court. Applications for temporary custody of minor children by extended family can be obtained at the family unit office in the Broward County courthouse.
- If a parent lives within the tri-county area and the student lives in a residence licensed by the Department of Children and Families, the student may be registered and enrolled in the school that serves that licensed residence.
- If the parent lives outside the tri-county area (Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach), the school will accept a notarized statement from the parent identifying the person assuming responsibility for the supervision of the child.
_______Registration emergency card (NOTE: Only parents/guardians signing registration form can change registration/emergency information).
School Records (If any)
_______Latest report card and/or transcript needed for appropriate grade placement.
For further information, please contact the registrar’s office at your boundaried school.