The Student Transportation and Fleet Services Department is committed to the safe and efficient transportation of all Broward County Public Schools' bus riders in compliance with federal, state and local guidelines. This department consists of District Transportation Operations supporting its five Transportation Terminals located throughout Broward County, Florida, as well as Vehicle Maintenance.
Student Bus Stop Information
After October 1 of each school year, Broward School Board Policy 5300 allows for a student otherwise not eligible for transportation, to ride if there is a seat available on route (s) that serve the school. “Empty Seat Applications” are processed through the student’s school of attendance after October 1st of each school year.
Below is a list of our five Transportation Terminals, routes they service and main contact number.
• North Transportation (routes 1000-1999) 754-321-4000
• Central Transportation (routes 2000-2999) 754-321-4480
• South Transportation (routes 3000-3999) 754-321-4100
• Central West Transportation (routes 4000-4999) 754-321-4150
• South West Transportation (routes 5000-5999) 754-321-8025
There are just under 1,000 school buses used by Broward District Schools on daily routes, transporting more than 73,000 students to and from school, and driving more than 16 million miles to 234 locations. This department collaborates with all schools to communicate transportation information to students and parents.
- Students must live more than 2 miles from the school to qualify for bus passes. Transportation requests take a minimum of 48 hours (2 days) for approval.
- Bus passes are usually sent to the student’s home address 1 – 2 weeks before school starts.
- If the student has not received a bus pass, the parent or guardian MUST drop off and pick up the student until a bus pass has been given.
- Parents may contact the Transportation Department at: (754) 321-4000
- Bus passes must first be used in the morning, and then in the afternoon so that the driver is notified of the new student.
- All changes for bus passes must be verified through proof of the student’s correct address submitted to the school ‘s office.