State Releases Results for Florida Standards Assessments and End of Course Exams
Today, Thursday, June 28, 2019, the Florida Department of Education released results for the Spring 2019 Florida Standards Assessments (FSA) for English Language Arts (ELA) (grades 4-10), Mathematics (grades 3 through 8) and Science (grades 5 and 8). In addition, the state released results for End of Course (EOC) exams in Algebra I, Geometry, Biology, U.S. History and Civics.
The 2019 results show Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) either maintained or increased the percentage of students scoring level 3 or higher on 15 of the 21 tested areas (subjects and grade levels) as compared to the prior year.
Districtwide highlights for 2019 results compared to 2018 results:
- ELA results for grades 4, 5, 6 and 9 show an increase of 2 or more percentage points for students scoring at level 3 or higher.
- Mathematics results for grades 3, 4, 5 and 6 show an increase of 2 or more percentage points for students scoring at level 3 or higher.
- Geometry and Biology EOC results show an increase of 4 or more percentage points for students scoring at level 3 or higher.
- Additionally, these results show that the percentage of BCPS students scoring at or above achievement level 3 met or exceed the state average in 15 out of the 21 tested areas.
- Among the five largest school districts in Florida, BCPS earned the highest percentage or tied for the highest percentage of students scoring at level 3 or higher on the ELA portion of the FSA in grades 3
“We continue to show academic improvements across many grade levels. This is due to the dedication of our incredible teachers, administrators and staff, and the hard work of our students,” said Superintendent Robert W. Runcie. “Our strategic focus on early learning and literacy is creating strong educational foundations for our students. We will analyze where the gains were made as we prepare for the upcoming school year.”
On Wednesday, July 3, 2019, parents/guardians will be able to access their child/children’s test scores on the District’s Virtual Counselor portal at http://bcps.browardschools.com/VirtualCounselor/.
ABOUT BROWARD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
“Committed to educating all students to reach their highest potential.”
Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) is the sixth-largest school district in the nation and the second largest in the state of Florida. BCPS is Florida’s first fully accredited school system since 1962. BCPS has more than 271,500 students and approximately 175,000 adult students in 234 schools, centers and technical colleges, and 88 charter schools. BCPS serves a diverse student population, with students representing 204 different countries and 191 different languages. Connect with BCPS: visit the website at browardschools.com, follow BCPS on Twitter @browardschools and Facebook at facebook.com/browardschools, and download the free BCPS mobile app.