- Olsen Middle School
Return to Headlines
A Message from Our Principal
Good afternoon Awesome Olsen Families,
Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) is committed to supporting students and families in making sure that learning continues. In addition, a hard copy of the Spring Break Learning (LA, Math, SS, Science), provided by each of your child's content area teachers (Spring Break Learning was given to your child on Friday, March 13th), online learning is the tool your child will utilize to continue learning in all content areas. Please visit our school website at olsen.browardschools.com to access this content area practice.
You may print these at home for your child to complete (Spring Learning); students are required to submit required information online as specified by his/her teacher. If you do not have a printer, please stop by the school between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, March 18th - Friday, March 20th to pick up an additional hard copy.
Thank you for your continued patience and support while we begin to transition your child to an online teaching and learning platform. Students will be able to access their virtual assignments through Clever (online). Each week your child's teacher will update you on what your child should be learning and completing online.
Please read this carefully for critical updates:
- On Friday, March 20, 2020, at 8:00am, school laptops will be checked out to the parents of students who need a laptop. Laptops will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis, so it is very important to arrive beginning at 8:00am.
- Please complete the Technology Needs Survey found at the following link in order to request a school loaned laptop to support your child to complete learning in our virtual learning format: http://bit.ly/OMSTechnologySurvey2020
- Please complete the Remote Learning Survey and we will keep the results confidential. This survey seeks to determine if you have the Internet/WiFi or Hotspot capabilities to support online learning. http://bit.ly/OMS_RemoteLearningSurvey
Resource Information for Families:
- Comcast is offering families FREE Internet during the Covid-19 crisis. If you need information regarding this FREE Internet service, click on the link below: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/comcast-broadband-opportunity-program
- Also, please check with T-MOBILE; they are offering special pricing to assist families.
- Daily CDC updates for Families https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/guidance-for-schools.html
- Broward County Public Schools Coronavirus updates: https://www.browardschools.com/coronavirus
- Broward County Public Schools Food and Nutrition Services meal distribution updates: https://www.browardschools.com/cms/lib/FL01803656/Centricity/Domain/13457/Food%20and%20Nutrition%20Schedule%203-18%20to%203-19%203-16%20520pm%20FINAL.pdf
- Free Meals for anyone under 18: https://summerbreakspot.freshfromflorida.com/
WE ARE a school family that cares about each other and there is absolutely no doubt that we will get through this stronger and wiser as a result. I will keep in touch with you via Parentlink, school website, Facebook and Twitter @OlsenExcellence as we progress. And of course, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there are inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your continued support and patience. Please stay safe, healthy, continue to wash hands as recommended by the CDC, and drink plenty of fluids. Together, we will get through this.
WE ARE #VikingsUnited
Committed to Excellence,
Ms. Valerie Y. Harris, Principal