Summer Learning Assignments
Each year we provide students with authentic summer engagement activities focused on preparing your child for the upcoming year. This year we want our scholars reading and completing evidence based writing tasks through CER.
Our current 6th grade students will engage in 7th grade learning, current 7th graders will engage in 8th grade learning and so forth.
If your son/daughter is a future Viking, please have them review the 6th grade summer learning experiences!
Hard copies of the assignments are available for pick up at our Welcome Center or during laptop return day and Viking Promotion Week. As always we encourage our scholars to read! Please be reminded that the novel purchased to support summer learning is called Ungifted by Gordon Korman. A copy of the novel can be picked up at the school's Welcome Center (please sign acknowledgement of pick up).
If you have any questions about Summer Learning, please call the school at (754)323-3865 or email our literacy coach, Ms. Roxanne Reid (email@example.com) or Mrs. Kenyatta McKie (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
Thank you and we hope that you have a safe, restful, engaging summer!
English Language Arts, Science and Social Studies are combined in the following links:
- GR 6 Litearcy Learning - For current 5th graders
- GR 7 Literacy Learning - For current 6th graders
- GR 8 Literacy Learning - For current 7th graders
Math Summer learning assignments can be found below:
- GR 6 Math Summer Learning - For current 5th graders
- GR 7 Math Summer Learning - For current 6th graders
- GR 8 Math Summer Learning - For current 7th graders
- Algebra Summer Learning - accelerated 7th & 8th graders
- Geometry Summer Learning - 8th grade students who've completed Algebra I
See Ms.Stephens for Geometry Summer Learning!