Important End Of The Year Information
Good Evening, Dolphin Families -
As we begin to close out the 20-21 school year, there are many dates for you on the calendar. Please read below and note the important dates, times and information for your student(s):
1. We will be having TEXTBOOK collection for 6th and 7th grade E-learners on SATURDAY, June 5 from 11am - 1pm. LAPTOP drop off is OPTIONAL for this date. If students are on target with grades and do not have outstanding assignments for next week, they are free to turn in their devices and chargers on Saturday with their textbooks. (SLMS FRONT CAR LOOP)
2. Textbook and laptop collection for ALL FACE TO FACE students will be next week on Monday, June 7 and Tuesday, June 8. Collection will be through the students' social studies classes. PLEASE REMIND STUDENTS TO BRING IN ALL TEXTBOOKS ISSUED, LAPTOPS AND CHARGERS for next week.
3. Monday night, June 7 @ 6pm via TEAMS will be our student ACADEMIC AND ATHLETIC AWARDS. Students that are being honored will receive a separate parent link invitation. All students are welcome to sign on to attend the event online. The link will be posted on our website for the event. Thank you to Ms. Maher and Ms. Hylton for organizing this great evening to celebrate our students!
4. Tuesday, June 8 will be our 8 ON 8 CELEBRATION! We are celebrating the promotion of our 8th grade students from 5-8pm in the WEST CAR LOOP. Students will drive through stations to return textbooks, laptops and chargers, and any other outstanding items (uniforms, library books, etc). They will receive certificates and yard signs, as well as the opportunity to take photos at our decorated photo wall backdrop in the front of the school!
5. Final laptop drop off for any and all remaining Dolphin students – Friday, June 11 from 11am – 1pm. SLMS Car Loop.
****As we end the school year, please note that only students that have been consistently attending face to face classes will be allowed on campus for the final week of school. We will be checking student names as they enter and any student that comes to school, who normally e-learns, will be sent back home. Thank you for your understanding as we are still following strict social distancing guidelines and cannot allow extra students on campus. Safety First!
Let's all make this a safe and smooth end of year transition.....
Mrs. Lopez, principal