No Place for Hate is an initiative of the Anti-Defamation League. It aims to create inclusion on school campuses by giving schools tools to facilitate a positive and welcoming environment. No Place for Hate aims to cultivate student leadership and unite the school community behind a mission to create a positive school culture. Westglades Middle School is committed to these values and has challenged our students create this movement towards positive change. Westglades Middle School is proud to be a designated No Place for Hate school for the last 2 years and will continue to uphold these values and give our students the ability to promote these activities at our school. Below are some activities that our students participated in for the 2020-2021 school year.
● Distributed Life Savers to enjoy with friends during lunch on 4/16.
● “Wished Others Well” (WOW) by sharing fortunes from fortune cookies during lunch on 4/16.
● Decorated the school with symbols to emphasize Tolerance! (April’s character trait)
● Decorated the courtyard with NPFH & NOEA yard stakes.
● Created a Padlet – View HERE.
NJHS members took the NPFH pledge and committed to the NOEA initiative. It was posted by ELA teachers on their Canvas.