BCPS Hurricane Dorian Update
August 29, 2019
Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) continues to monitor Hurricane Dorian and work closely with emergency and safety officials.
Although the hurricane’s projected path remains uncertain, families and employees are encouraged to prepare.
At this time:
- All District schools and departments will operate on normal schedules on Thursday, August 29, and Friday, August 30, 2019.
- All after school activities will continue as scheduled on Thursday, August 29, and Friday August 30.
- All student activities, including athletic games, practices and clubs are cancelled on Saturday, August 31 – Monday, September 2.
- BCPS professional development activities are cancelled on Saturday, August 31 – Monday, September 2.
All District schools and departments are closed on Monday, September 2, in honor of the Labor Day holiday.
Our top priority is to ensure the safety of our students, staff and community. BCPS encourages families and staff to:
• Watch local news
• Prepare your family and home
• Check the District’s Storm Resource Center browardschools.com/StormResourceCenter
• Check the National Hurricane Center website at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov The District will continue to provide information and updates via a variety of communication channels, including the District website (browardschools.com), robocalls, social media (Twitter @browardschools and on Facebook facebook.com/browardschools), the free BCPS mobile app, BECON-TV and local media. The District will also update its Information Hotline at 754-321-0321.
ABOUT BROWARD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
“Committed to educating all students to reach their highest potential.”
Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) is the sixth-largest school district in the nation and the second largest in the state of Florida. BCPS is Florida’s first fully accredited school system since 1962. BCPS has more than 271,500 students and approximately 175,000 adult students in 241 schools, centers and technical colleges, and 89 charter schools. BCPS serves a diverse student population, with students representing 204 different countries and 191 different languages. Connect with BCPS: visit the website at browardschools.com, follow BCPS on Twitter @browardschools and Facebook at facebook.com/browardschools, and download the free BCPS mobile app.