Monarch Principal's Message
MONARCH HIGH SCHOOL
Principal's Message Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year!
Today, I feel as proud to be principal of Monarch High School as I did nine years ago when I walked on campus for the first time. Daily, I am thankful that I get to interact with some of the best students and staff in all of Broward County. I am confident that with the continued support of all stakeholders, our Monarch students will thrive academically and create lifelong memories of their high school experience. In preparation for this school year, please know that safety and security will be our primary focus and top priority. As a result, it is imperative that the following safety procedures are followed starting the first day of school on August 15th.
• Student ID badges must always be worn and visible. Students without ID badges will be issued a new ID badge and charged $5.00. Progressive discipline will be used for those repeatedly not wearing a badge.
• All students will enter through the Single Point Entry (main school entrance).
• All perimeter gates will be secured during and after the school day.
• All visitors will enter the school campus through the main school entrance and report to the front office to be processed through the Security Tracking and Response (STAR) system.
• A parent/guardian or someone designated on the emergency card must appear in person to sign a student out of school. Sign-outs will not be done 30 minutes prior to dismissal.
• All students are expected to be in their classrooms by 7:40am.
• Students who arrive after the tardy bell must report to main office for a pass.
• Students must purchase a decal to park in the designated student parking lot.
• The visitor parking lot (front of school) will open at 7:00am and close at 3:10pm.
• The student parking lot will open at 7:00am and close at 8:00am. The student parking lot will reopen for dismissal at 2:40pm.
• Monarch will be conducting monthly Code Red drills along with other state required drills. Appropriate notification will be provided for all Code Red drills.
I understand that these expectations require a change in procedure and at times may also pose an inconvenience; however, prioritizing the safety and security of our students and staff is of the greatest importance. We cannot implement these changes successfully without your support. More in-depth information will be provided to students once school begins. I'm looking forward to a great school year at Monarch High School and I hope to see everyone at Open House on August 20th at 6:00pm. Please feel free to contact me at 754-322-1400 if you have any questions.