Return to Headlines
Plantation High School - 3rd Quarter Highlights
3rd Quarter Highlights
- Our MTL Brain Bowl team of Naelie Louis Pierre, Nephtalie Louis Pierre, Yashema Reuben, Layten Rorie, Yvenson Eliezer, Biance Charles, and Honorary Member: Alisa Horne won the State Championship! These students are now eligible for selected scholarships to colleges and universities in the state of Florida.
- Plantation took 1st and 2nd place in the District Engineering Challenge and Jimmy Poling won 1st place for the engineering essay contest.
- Garnet was recognized as a City of Sunrise Teacher of the month.
- Our students competed in the French and Spanish to the World Language Academic Competition at Piper High School and obtained first and second place in the Declamation and Impromptu Speech categories! Congratulations to, Magda Absolu, Gabriel Asca, Ariannis Rangel, Keshia St. Vil, Anne-Sophie Tessier, Genesis Tortolero. Dajia Johnson and José Serrano entered in the project category.
- DECA: Delary Dennis, Sashamaanii Johnson and Jayla Cofield won 1st Place in the state of Florida for their DECA Learn and Earn Project. Sahil Sheth won 1st Place in Role Play and 5th Place in the state in Business Finance. Aniya Goodrum won 1st Place in Testing category.
- Our SGA to home the Gold Medallion for the 29th year in a row.
- Spohn was honored by CODE.ORG and entered into their Hall of Fame for his computer science program
- The EmBRACE Your Future event on 3/19 helped students with FAFSA and college and scholarship applications
- Congratulations to the Plantation High School REFLECTIONS Yearbook staff members as they have won a national award for the 2017-2018 book design and layout! Annually, this national award is given by the publishing company Herff Jones when yearbooks exemplify the outstanding qualities that all high schools should emulate. The award-inspiring page from the school’s book was pictured in “Portfolio,” a nationally published yearbook guide distributed to schools all over the country as a tool to be used when creating exceptional yearbooks.