Class of 2020 - Graduantion, Cap and Gown Information!
Good afternoon, Class of 2020!! We hope everyone is doing well and staying safe!
As you may be aware, there have been many developments regarding this year's graduation ceremonies. Although the Class of 2020 will experience an alternate graduation, it is still important to Plantation High School, in conjunction with the School Board of Broward County, to provide a memorable graduation ceremony that you and your guests can still enjoy.
Here are details regarding our graduation ceremony:
- OUR Graduation Ceremony will take place virtually this year on June 23rd at 4PM
- The ceremonies will be broadcast on BECON and also streamed via YouTube
- more details to follow regarding this (i.e. web link to view the ceremony)
Here is information regarding Caps and Gowns:
- If you purchased a cap and gown it will be distributed at PHS on May 29th, 2020 for you to take pictures and create memories with your family
- Seniors will go to Plantation High School’s East Lot (enter through 16th street gate). Follow the below designated times by last name below:
- A-D 8AM-9AM
- E-J 10AM-11AM
- K-Q 11AM-12PM
- R-Z 1PM-2PM
- If you wish to purchase a cap and gown the final deadline to place a cap and gown order is this Friday, May 15, 2020.
- the original deadline passed but Herff-Jones re-opened the ordering link at HJbroward.com
- There are NO REFUNDS for cap and gown purchases
- remember you will keep the cap and return the gown
- Gowns will be returned in their “original” bags on June 3, 2020. Seniors will pick up their diploma and graduation program at this time.
Here is what we need from EVERY senior on May 29th:
- All textbooks returned
- All laptops/technology returned
- All obligations paid
- Complete the 2019-20 Broward Graduation Survey" that is located in Naviance
- Please click here "Completing the 2019-20 Broward Graduation Survey" for instruction on accessing the survey. Click here "Guidelines for Entering Scholarships in BGS" that is to assist you when entering scholarship information into the Graduation Survey.
- The deadline to complete this survey is May 24, 2020.
- This will also serve as your final Naviance task of the year
We know that there is a lot of information included in this message, but we wanted to be sure we were communicating what we know now, and what YOU need to know now! We will be sure to pass on any new information that we receive. In the meanwhile, your focus should be on completing your course work and following through with the "tasks" you need to complete as described above. Please do not wait to take care of these things...the school year will wrap up before you know it!
Take care and GO CLASS OF 2020!!!