MidTerm Exam Schedule
Midterm Exam Schedule
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2018: MIDTERM EXAM PERIOD 1 & 2
1st Period Exam 8:05 a.m. - 9:48 a.m.
2nd Period Exam 9:57 a.m.-11:40 a.m.
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2018: MIDTERM EXAMS PERIODS 3 & 4
3rd Period Exam 8:05 a.m. - 9:48 a.m.
4th Period Exam 9:57 a.m.-11:40 a.m.
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2018: MIDTERM EXAMS PERIODS 5 & 6
5th Period Exam 8:05 a.m. - 9:48 a.m.
6th Period Exam 9:57 a.m.-11:40 a.m.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2018: MIDTERM EXAM PERIODS 7 & 8
7th Period Exam 8:05 a.m. – 10:23 a.m.
8th Period Exam 10:32 a.m.-12:50 p.m.
South Plantation High School Midterm Exam Policy 2018
As per School Board Policy 6000.1, a student may be exempt from the midterm and/or final exams in a high school course under the following criteria:
- The student earns a grade of “B” or better in all marking periods of the respective high school course during the semester of the exemption.
- The student may waive eligible midterms or final exams for up to one-half all high school or higher-level courses on the student’s schedule
- AP midterms cannot be exempted; however, the student may exempt the final exam. Dual enrollment midterm and final exams may not be exempted.
- The statewide, standardized EOC assessments, required by statute, are not eligible for exemption; however, the student may exempt the midterm exam.
- Midterm and/or final exams cannot be retroactively exempted once the student takes the exam.
Students: Please choose your exam exemptions wisely. If you have chosen to exempt an exam, but your current quarter grade falls below a “B”, it is your responsibility to then study for and be present for the exam. You would no longer be able to exempt the exam. It is the responsibility of the student to:
- Obtain Teacher, Parent and Student signatures on the Exam Exemption Form which you will receive from your Period 6 teacher on 12/3/18.
- Turn in the Exam Exemption Form by Thursday, December 6, 2018 (9th-10th grade turns in to Guidance; 11th-12th grade turns in to AP Office)
- Verify with each teacher that you are still approved to exempt his/her exam and that your grade for the current quarter has not fallen below a “B”. Reminder, if your grade does fall below a “B”, you must take the exam.
- Only ONE Exam Exemption Form can be turned in. Incomplete forms will not be accepted and not entered in database.
Parents: Exempting an exam is a reward for satisfactory or better academic progress. It is widely recognized that students can benefit from the study skills practiced when preparing for semester exams similar to those used in post-secondary schools. Students who choose to exempt their exams may forgo the opportunity to improve their semester grades by taking their exams and earning higher grades. Even when eligible, students have the option not to use the exam exemption.
- The student is responsible for the return of this form as required by administration.
- No exam exemptions will be granted without the required form being completed, signed, and turned in before the deadline.
- Students are reminded that they can only exempt a maximum of one-half of their exams per semester.
- Students should be aware that if their grade falls below a “B” prior to the midterm or final exam, they would be required to take the exam for that course.
Failure to abide by this policy will result in the student having to take the exams for all classes.