JPT Testing Updates
FSA RETAKES & SAT UPDATES
All high school students need to meet the Reading and Math assessment requirements for graduation. The Reading assessment graduation requirement must be met through the FSA-ELA test or obtain a concordant score via the SAT or ACT. The Math assessment graduation requirement must be met through the FSA-Algebra EOC or obtain a concordant score via the PSAT, SAT or ACT.
- 12th graders who have not met the graduation requirement(s) are automatically registered to take the SAT, FSA-ELA and/or FSA Algebra EOC Retakes since it's the last opportunity to test.
- 11th graders were registered to take the FSA-ELA Retakes only if they signed-up through the survey link.
- 9th – 11th grade students were registered to take the FSA-Algebra EOC Retakes only if they signed-up through the survey link.
- All 11th grade students can take the SAT, at no cost, during the school day on March 3rd….however….
- 11th grade students needed to register to take the SAT through the survey link by February 15th.
SAT Updates for March 3rd
- Student must report to school at 7:40am on March 3rd
- The test cannot be administered from home. The student must come to school in order to take advantage of this free test. If the student e-learning from home, they must come to school on their scheduled test date.
- Upon arrival on test date, the student will be directed to their assigned testing room
- Student must wear a face mask while on campus, which includes the entire test time
- Students must bring the following materials:
- Two(2) number#2 pencils (NO mechanical pencils)
- College Board approved Calculator ( link for approved calculator info:
- Student can get additional information from the attached SAT Student Guide or online at: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/pdf/sat-student-guide.pdf
- Printed SAT Student Guides are also available for pick-up from Front Office, Students Affairs or the Security Office at the entrance of the school. Quantities are limited to a first-come, first-served basis.
- SAT and ACT provide Fee Waivers for students on Free/Reduced Lunch (FRL); however, parents/students must give consent to release this info. To release FRL info, complete the Meals Benefits Disclosure Form online at: https://www.browardschools.com/free-lunch
NOTE: The testing updates above are also accessible through second semester Study Hall Canvas courses as well as on our JPT website. JPT website link: https://www.browardschools.com/Page/423