- Dolphin Bay Elementary
New Student Registration
Directions for Registration
* Verify your home address using the school locator below
* Complete the registration forms below
* Submit your COMPLETE registration packet (all forms and proofs) to our office. Sorry, no incomplete registration packets can be accepted.
* FOR ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING REGISTRATIONS AND/OR WITHDRAWALS, PLEASE CONTACT BETTY ARIAS at 754-323-8000, Mon.-Thu. 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. or firstname.lastname@example.org
5 years of age on or before September 1, 2022, shall be eligible for admission any time during the school year.
6 years of age on or before September 1, 2022, shall be eligible for admission if the child has been enrolled in a public school or has satisfactorily completed Kindergarten in a nonpublic school.
REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS (K-12)
(School Board Policy 5.1)
Find the school(s) assigned to your home address using our Find My School feature.
You must provide your specific street address and your child's grade level, and the app will determine the correct school your child is supposed to attend.
If you wish to attend Dolphin Bay Elementary, but do not live in our boundaries, please click here to complete a reassignment/School Choice form.
(You may need to Download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view, write, or print PDF)
Complete the following Broward County Public Schools enrollment forms:
- Student Registration Form: English | Spanish | Haitian Creole | Portuguese
- Emergency Contacts Form: English | Spanish | Haitian Creole | Portuguese
- Release of Information Form, if needed English | Spanish | Haitian Creole | Portuguese
PROOF of RESIDENCE
Submit current proofs of residence from the table below, based upon your type of residence
If you OWN or RENT your residence:
- Submit one document from both Columns A and B
If you SHARE the housing of another person who owns/rents the home:
- Both the registering parent and owner/renter of the residence complete a notarized Affidavit of Shared Residence Form: English | Spanish | Haitian/Creole | Portuguese; and,
- The owner/renter of the residence must submit one document from both Columns A and B; and,
- The registering parent must submit two documents from Column B.
If you answer “yes” to certain residency questions on the Student Registration Form, you may qualify for the HOMELESS Education Program (HEP) under the McKinney-Vento Act.
- The school will provide a referral to the district’s Homeless Education Liaison and, if qualified, the student will be eligible for immediate services.
- Students registered under the McKinney-Vento Act must re-enroll each school year.
All documents must be current, valid, and include the residential address used for enrollment.
PROOF of AGE
Submit one form of verification of the student’s age in the order set forth below:
Official Birth Certificate
- A duly attested transcript of the child’s birth record filed according to law with a public officer charged with the duty of recording births.
Certificate of Baptism
- A duly attested transcript of a certificate of baptism showing the date of birth and place of baptism of the child, accompanied by an affidavit sworn to by the parent.
- An insurance policy on the child’s life, which has been in force for at least two years.
- A bona fide contemporary religious record of the child’s birth, accompanied by an affidavit sworn to by the parent.
- A passport or certificate of arrival in the U.S. showing the age of the child.
NOTE: Under no circumstances shall staff request a passport, visa, or any other documentation to verify the immigration status of any student.
- A transcript of record of age shown in the child’s school record of at least four years prior to application, stating the date of birth.
- An affidavit sworn to by the parent, accompanied by a certificate of age signed by a public health officer or by a licensed practicing physician, which states that the health officer or physician has examined the child and believes the age as stated in the affidavit is substantially correct.
PROOF of MEDICAL EXAM
Students enrolling in a Florida public school for the first time must submit evidence of a medical examination within the twelve months prior to the initial enrollment.
PROOF of IMMUNIZATION
Submit a Florida Certificate of Immunization Form (Form DH 680).
- The Florida Department of Health annually publishes the required immunizations in a state publication titled, “Immunization Guidelines: Florida Schools, Child Care Facilities and Family Day Care Homes.”
- Students may attend school without a Florida Certificate of Immunization if they have a:
- Religious Exemption (Form DH 681)
- Temporary Exemption (Form DH 680, Part B)
- Medical Exemption (Form DH680, Part C)
- Principal’s 30-day temporary exemption for incoming, out-of-district transfer students
- Submit the most recent report card and/or transcript needed for appropriate grade level placement; or,
- Complete a Release of Information Form and your school will request the appropriate educational records from all previous educational programs.
Schools have the right to verify any information provided by the student and/or the student’s parent(s).
A student whose parent(s) submit fraudulent information in an attempt to attend a school to which the student is not assigned shall be immediately withdrawn by the school and must be registered and enrolled in the appropriate boundaried school.
Whoever knowingly makes a false statement in writing with intent to mislead a public servant in the performance of his or her official duty, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable by law (F.S. 837.06) or guilty of perjury by false written declaration, a felony of the third degree (F.S. 92.525).