- Nova Eisenhower Elementary
Parent Link Messages
Greetings Nova Eisenhower Family,
Welcome to a new school year. We are thrilled to reconnect with our returning students and excited to meet students new to the school and our kindergartners! The start of a new school year is filled with excitement, anticipation, a few nerves, but most of all, hope! We are all hopeful about the prospect of all that the year will bring. This hope fuels the passion that our teachers and staff arrive with daily to ensure our students receive the best education possible and are nurtured to grow emotionally and socially as a part of this wonderful community. At Nova Eisenhower, we believe strongly in school-parent partnership. This partnership ensures that our students can grow academically and socially. We will do our best to nurture this partnership, so parents are empowered to support the work teachers do in the classroom. We are on this journey together and need parents to volunteer, join the PTA, join the School Advisory Council (SAC) and School Advisory Forum (SAF), and conference with teachers to ensure each student achieves their highest potential. We will continue our schoolwide focus on treating each other with kindness. Kindness manifests itself in many ways and it allows us all to create a positive community focused on fulfilling the hope we arrive with daily.
Please take the time to complete all the required back-to-school forms when you arrive at the open house. It is critical that we have these forms completed before students arrive on August 16th.
Check our website daily leading up to the first day of school and weekly thereafter to stay updated.
We look forward to partnering with you to fulfill our hope of an amazing school year!
Mrs. Tyghter & Mrs. Diamond
Annual Parent Meeting Open House
STRAWBRIDGE STUDIOS PICTURE DAY 8/31/22
School Advisory Council (SAC) 2022-2023 Link
School Hours 9:30 am – 3:30 pm
Office Hours 9:00am – 4:00pm
Principal – Angine Tyghter
Assistant Principal – Ashley Diamond
School Counselor – Darlene Adams
School Counselor – Michelle Rhoulhac
Literacy Coach – Lorraine Fischer
ESE Specialist – TBD
Office Manager – Jill Martinez
IMT/Registrar – Marlene Reid
Before Care Supervisor – Diane Haggerty
After Care Supervisor – Janice Brown
Cafeteria Manager – Knut Hillestad
First Day of School
On August 16th, the first day of school, parents/guardians of kindergarten students will be able to walk students to the classroom door. We ask that only one parent escort the kindergarten student. Students in grades 1st through 5th will walk to class with the assistance of NEE staff.
Arrival and Dismissal
Students may not be dropped off before 9:00 am. Parents must wait with students in the car if you arrive before 9:00 am. Students must be in class before the 9:30 am bell rings.
Students must be picked up at 3:30 pm. If students are picked up late, parents will be referred to the school social worker or other support agencies.
Bus information will be posted in Virtual Counselor tentatively by August 12th. Parents must log in to Virtual Counselor to retrieve bus information or visit the Transportation Department Open House on August 13th or 14th. Information is on our website.
- All students that are eligible for bus transportation MUST register to ride.
- The deadline for guaranteed bus transportation on August 16th has passed.
- If you did not register, you must today!
- Bus assignments take up to 10 schooldays.
- Parents must plan to get students to and from school until the bus information becomes available in the virtual counselor.
- Check virtual counselor daily after you complete the register to ride form.
Before and Aftercare
Before Care – 7:00am – 9:00am
After Care – 3:30pm – 6:00pm
Medical Authorization Form
All students required to receive medication during school hours must have a completed medical authorization form on file in the clinic. The form is available on our website.
Breakfast and Lunch
- Due to a federal program, students at Nova Eisenhower will receive free lunch and breakfast daily. More information about how parents can ensure NEE continues participation in this program will be forthcoming.
- Breakfast is served from 9:00 am-9:25 am daily. Students must be in line by 9:20 am to get breakfast.
- Students with food allergies must have a current doctor’s note on file each year. If the allergy requires a cafeteria substitution, the note must clearly state what the replacement item should be.
Please keep your child home if your child has flu-like symptoms such as a fever greater than 100.5, sore throat, cough, chills, body aches, etc. If your child has rashes, yellow eye drainage, or greenish-yellow phlegm from a cough or cold, diarrhea, etc.
Parents must report student absences within two days of the absence
Three options for reporting absences :
- Visit our website, click CONTACT, then click REPORT AN ABSENCE, then complete the form
- Call the Attendance Line at 754-323-6652
- Submit a note to the front office
*ALL EXCUSED STUDENT ABSENCES MUST ALIGN WITH THE EIGHT (8) REASONS ALLOWED FOR ABSENCES, AS OUTLINED IN THE ATTENDANCE POLICY AND CODE OF STUDENT CONDUCT.
Parent Link (Robocalls) - These are informative calls from Broward Schools, NEE, or NEE PTA.
If you are not receiving them, please contact Mrs. Martinez at 754-323-6650.
PTA Email - Register at our PTA site to receive PTA emails: http://nova.my-pta.org/
Social Media - Like us on Facebook @neepta Twitter - @NovaEisenhower
Nova Eisenhower Elementary (Website)