- Nova Eisenhower Elementary
BCPS and Broward Teachers Union Reach Tentative Contract Agreements for Teachers
Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) and the Broward Teachers Union (BTU) are pleased to announce a tentative contract agreement for the District’s Education Professionals for the 2022/23 school year. The tentative agreement includes increases in compensation which represent an investment of more than $50 million.
- All BCPS teachers receive a $1,000 one-time bonus.
- Beginning teachers' salaries will be $48,925. This is one of the most competitive starting salaries in the state.
- Teachers on the Grandfathered salary schedule receive a 4% salary increase.
- Teachers on the Pay for Performance salary schedule who are rated Highly Effective receive a 5% salary increase. Teachers who are rated Effective receive a 3.75% salary increase.
- Salary increases are retroactive to July 1, 2022.
- The Broward County School Board continues to absorb the increased costs of health benefits, totaling approximately $9 million in savings for teachers.
“This tentative agreement represents one of the largest salary increases for our teachers in the last 10 years,” said BCPS Superintendent Dr. Vickie L. Cartwright. “I am very proud of the collaboration between BTU, our School Board members and my staff in reaching this agreement. We have outstanding educators across our District, and we are proud to offer the highest compensation package in the tri-county area.”
“We are pleased that the District has recognized the hard work and dedication of our education professionals with a meaningful salary increase,” said BTU President Anna Fusco. “We will always advocate for our teachers to receive the highest possible wage increases in this challenging public education funding environment.”
The terms of the tentative agreement must still be ratified by bargaining unit members (ratification dates are pending) and approved by the School Board.
ABOUT BROWARD TEACHERS UNION
The Broward Teachers Union is a labor union, which represents Broward County Public Schools teachers, paraprofessionals, technical service professionals and Pembroke Pines Charter School employees. BTU is an affiliate of the Florida Education Association, National Education Association, American Federation of Teachers and AFL-CIO. Connect with BTU at btuonline.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/browardteachersunion, or follow us on Twitter @browardteachers.
ABOUT BROWARD COUNTY PUBLIC
“Educating all students to reach their highest potential.”
Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) is the sixth largest school district in the nation and the second largest in the state of Florida. BCPS is Florida’s first fully accredited school system since 1962, serving more than 256,000 students and approximately 110,000 adult learners in 240 schools, centers and technical colleges, and 90 charter schools. BCPS supports a diverse student population representing 170 different countries and speaking 147 languages. To connect with BCPS, visit browardschools.com, follow us on Twitter @browardschools, on Facebook at facebook.com/browardschools, and download the free BCPS mobile app.