Return to Headlines
Principal's Message - Friday, March 27, 2020
Greetings Bayview families! As we are preparing for our first day of online learning, we want to help you find all the resources you need for your child to succeed. There are a few suggestions to help you prepare for Monday.
- First, before Monday morning, make sure your child can log into the computer using their student identification number and their personal password. Students should also be able to log into their Clever dashboard.
- Second, parents should go to browardschools.com/learningnevercloses. There you will find a link entitled "Elementary Getting Started with Canvas" that will explain how the digital platform works and where to find assignments and resources.
- Third, stay in touch with your child's teacher. They will contact you by phone, email, or video conferencing according to the lessons they have planned. Teachers will not be actively teaching during this entire 3 hour window; they are making themselves available to assist. They will notify you when a live lesson is planned.
- Additionally, you can reach out to your child's teacher according to the following schedule of "office hours". These are the times Monday through Friday that your teacher has reserved to be on stand-by for questions.
- Kindergarten: 9:30 - 12:30
- First: 9:00 - 12:00
- Second: 9:00 - 12:00
- Third: 8:00 - 11:00
- Fourth: 8:00 - 11:00
- Fifth: 9:30 - 12:30
- Specials: 10:00 - 1:00
- ESE Support: 10:00 - 1:00
- Finally, if you have technology issues that arise, you may call 754-322-5400 on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday to get assistance by phone.