Return to Headlines
Is Your Child "Cyber" Safe?
Apps, interactive games, internet, messaging...oh, my! Our children are exposed to a digital world that changes by the minute. Do you know and understand what your children are doing online today? How well do you understand the ever-changing social media platforms that our children are using today – Snapchat, Instagram, Vine, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr? Do you really know what your kids are viewing on these apps/sites? What steps can you take to ensure your child is safe, personal material/content is kept private and protective measures are established?
As parents and educators, we need to take steps to ensure that our children are not only safe in the "physical" spaces, but equally as important in their "cyber" spaces. We invite you to join us for a very informative presentation from Susan Wind of Parents kNOwMORE on Thursday, April 4th at 6:00 pm.
- Knowing what social media apps kids are using daily (and how they work)
- How technology filters into the school environment (whether you let it or not)
- The signs that a student is depressed over social media
- Strategies that schools are using to educate students on what appropriate behaviors should be used online
- Consequences and legal ramifications of social media mistakes
- Policies and practices utilized to combat the social media issues within your school
We are partnering with our Coral Spring Zone schools to provide this opportunity to our families. This event will take place at Forest Glen Middle School.