CIE Safety and Security Procedures
CIE Safety and Security Procedures
Welcome back to the 2018-19 school year. I am looking forward to another fantastic year with my CIE families. As we enter this school year, please be reminded of our school's protocols as outlined below. As always, if you have any questions or concerns regarding these procedures feel free to reach out to the ofIice or me.
The front office doors will be unlocked from 7:30-8:30 AM and 1:00-2:15 PM. These doors will remain locked at all other times. You will be allowed access on campus if you have a scheduled meeting and present your government- issued ID. The lobby area is reserved for students who are waiting to be escorted to class, or parents who have a scheduled meeting.
ALL STUDENTS are required to wear their student ID DAILY at all times when they are in school. Until photo identiIication badges are received from our vendor, teachers will provide a badge for your child.
Modified Dress Code- CIE has a modified dress code for all students.
o Students’ adherence to our dress code is important in helping us identify intruders on campus. For more information on approved colors and types of clothing, please refer to our website. All students must adhere to the dress code.
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures-
Please be advised there is no supervision of students before 7:30 AM. Parents MAY NOT drop off their child before this time.
o Arrival- Students may arrive to school in one of 3 ways:
• Car-line- Students are dropped off in the car line and enter the building through the front gate (2-5 loop) or back gate (K-1 loop).
• Parents that wish to park and walk their child up to a gate of the school MUST arrive BEFORE 7:55 AM. There is no walking through the bus loop. Please be advised the gates will be closed promptly at 8:00 AM DAILY.
• Biker/Walker- Students walk up to the school along the designated sidewalk and enter through the front gate (3-5 loop) or the back gate (K-2 loop). There is no walking through the bus loop.
•Bus Rider- Students arrive to school on a bus and proceed to breakfast or their classroom through the bus gate entry.
• No one will be permitted to wait in front of the school’s main entrance or anywhere along the sidewalk and cross through the car line.
•Any student who walks off campus MUST be dismissed as a walker.
• Bus Riders will be dismissed from their classrooms to the bus area.
• Country Isles Aftercare students will be dismissed from the classrooms to their counselors.
Car Riders- Student leaves the car line in a car.
o No child will be permitted to walk through the car line and cross trafIic. They must use sidewalks and/or crosswalks.
o Parents will not be permitted to stand on the sidewalk in front of the school and wait for dismissal.
• Walkers/Bike Riders (3 dismissal locations):
o Front Gate (front of school)
o Walk off campus from the front gate and use the sidewalk and/or crosswalk.
o Back Gate (by the field)
o Walk off campus from the back gate and use the sidewalk and/or crosswalk.
o Gate by portables/behind cafeteria(K-1 students & siblings)
o Parent will wait until the gate is opened and child’s name will be called.
o Late Arrival and Early Dismissal-
• Students who arrive to school after 8:00 AM, must be escorted into the school and signed in by a parent.
• A child who requires an early dismissal must be signed out BEFORE 1:30 PM (11:30 AM on Early Release Days). Per school board policy, all early dismissals must be done more than 30 minutes before regular dismissal time.