New Attendance Reporting Procedures
If your child is absent from school, please call
You will need to include the following information:
Date of Absence(s)
Reason for Absence
(See below for acceptable reasons)
Excused Absence Reasons
1. Illness of student.
2. Illness of an immediate family member.
3. Death in the family.
4. Religious holidays of the student’s own faith.
5. Required court appearance or subpoena.
6. Special event. Examples of special events include important public functions, educational enrichment activities, conferences, state/national competitions, college/university campus tour/visit as well as exceptional cases of family need.
7. Scheduled medical or dental appointment.
8. Students having, or suspected of having, a communicable disease or infestation which can be transmitted are to be excluded from school and are not allowed to return to school until they no longer present a health hazard (F.S. 1003.22). Examples of communicable diseases and infestations include, but are not limited to, fleas, head lice, ringworm, impetigo and scabies. Students are allowed a maximum of five excused days absence for each infestation of head lice.