Return to Headlines
- DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
- All children are expected to leave the school upon dismissal at 2:15 p.m. If it is necessary for you to pick up your child before 1:45 p.m., you must come to the office to sign him/her out. You will be required to show valid government issued identification. The teacher cannot dismiss the child directly from the classroom. No child will be dismissed between 1:45 p.m. and 2:15 p.m. as per School Board Policy. If your plans change and you must get a message to your child about dismissal, you must complete a Mode of Dismissal Form located in the front office before 1:30 p.m. All messages are given to students just prior to dismissal. Habitual late pick-ups will be documented referred to the Social Worker.
- Rainy Day-Establish a procedure for rainy day pick-up. Please make and communicate definite clear plans to your child. Your child will not need to come to the office to call you and you will not be frustrated by busy phone lines. During lightning and/or thunderstorms, walkers and bike riders will not be dismissed. Parents will be allowed to pick up their child from the front office with valid government issued identification. Walkers need to have a raincoat or umbrella, as Florida weather is constantly changing.
- Early Pick-Up-No students will be dismissed between 1:45 p.m. and 2:15 p.m. We are not able to release children by telephone request, as we cannot verify your identity over the telephone. Students will only be released to parents, guardians, or a person whose name appears on the registration or emergency forms. Adults will be requested to show valid government issued identification to office personnel. *Your child's safety is our #1 concern!
- Early Release Days- No students will be dismissed on Early Release Days between 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Please note the dates on the school calendar when students will be released at 12:15 p.m. so teachers and staff may engage in professional development activities. Alternate plans for your child's dismissal on these days will be requested from you in writing.
- Emergency Dismissal-In the event of emergency dismissal as determined by the Superintendent, children should know where they are to go. Busses will be dispatched to pick up those children that ordinarily ride the bus. Emergency dismissal forms must be completed by parents, updated as necessary, and returned to school.