Digital Registrar: Registration, Withdrawal, Transcripts
Because of restrictions due to CoVID19, we are accepting digital pre-registrations for the coming school year (2020-2021). Follow the three steps below to start registration. You will be contacted afterward to complete registration and discuss classes. If you have questions about the process at any time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your phone number and times you can be contacted if you would like to speak with us on the phone.
Step 1: Are you eligible to register?
In Broward Schools, a student may be registered (or pre-registered for the next school year) at their “home school”. This school depends on the student’s address. Please check on the district’s school locator to find your school:
If McArthur High School is not your home school, you may still register with us if you have a reassignment approval letter from the district’s School Choice office. Parents may apply for reassignment to schools where space exists during specified School Choice application windows. For additional information please go to browardschools.com/SchoolChoice.
Otherwise, please email email@example.com to be directed to the registrar at your home school.
Step 2: Download and complete the forms.
The following are basic digital registration forms that all families must complete. Additional forms and documents may be needed to complete registration, depending on your individual situation.
FYI: Your photo ID will be used to authenticate your "digital signature" on the forms. You will NOT need to print the forms, just type your name in the signature boxes.
- First download the forms on your computer or device.
- Then open and type in each form to complete it.
- Save the completed forms.
Basic Registration Forms
- Registration Checklist - This form is here for your reference, but most of it will be filled out by the registrar. You only need to complete the areas in blue at the top, then read the second page to see which forms of proof of address you need to provide.
- Registration Form - To be completed and digitally signed by the parent that will be providing the proof of address. Fill completely.
- Emergency Contacts - Fill completely.
- Code of Conduct Acknowledgement - Please read the Code of Conduct, then type your digital signature at the bottom of the page.
- FERPA - Read and sign at the bottom.
Step 3: Email documents as attachments
Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject, type the student’s name and the word, “Registration”. (example: “Doe, John – Registration”)
In the body of the email please tell us the best phone number and times for reaching you. Make sure to let us know if you are registering for this year or pre-registering for the coming year. Then, attach the following:
- All the completed registration documents from above.
- Photo ID of the registering parent who will be providing proof of address and who has signed all the forms.
- Primary proof of address as defined by Broward County Public Schools, in the registering parent’s name. Usually this means:
- Property tax bill
- Homestead exemption
- Recent mortgage statement
- Home purchase contract
- Or Current notarized lease agreement.
Details on how to provide proof of address and other alternatives can be found at: https://www.browardschools.com/Page/36242
Withdrawals are not necessary over the summer break. Simply pre-register at the school where the student will begin in August and that school will contact McArthur High School.
Depending on where the student is going next, you may need a transcript. If the student is going to a private school, or a school outside of Broward, you may contact the district records department through their online portal for more information:
Please note that ONLY the registering parent may withdraw a student from school for the current year. If you are the registering parent and are seeking to withdraw a student from McArthur High School during the year, please email email@example.com. In the subject of the email, write the student’s name and the word, “Withdrawal”. In the body of the email, let us know the following:
- The full name of the student
- Student’s date of birth
- Student’s school ID number
- Your name
- WHEN will the student be withdrawn?
- WHERE will the student be going to school next?
- Do you need to return textbooks or a laptop? (if the answer is yes, an appointment will be arranged.)
Then, attach a picture of your photo ID as confirmation of your identity.
Please keep in mind that any textbooks and laptops checked out by the student will need to be returned before the withdrawal is completed. Any other fines or obligations need to be paid online using the eStore:
Once all obligations are resolved, you will be sent a digital copy of your withdrawal form.
Current seniors may request transcripts from Naviance.
For all other record requests, contact the district records department through their online portal for more information: