Young Voices Matter
(Download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print PDF)
“For it isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Issues of authority, race and identity have come to the forefront in our national news and community dialogue. Fear and confusion are present for many youth and communities as a result of the racial tension, bias, oppression, and ignorance in our nation. Broward County Public Schools has worked to provide a structured forum for our students' young voices. We want to empower our students to use their voices to understand, listen, and promote positive change in our communities.
The Division of Student Support Initiatives & Recovery and its multi-disciplinary team of professionals continue to provide prevention and intervention services for students, staff, families and the community.
Your Choice, Your Action, Your Life
Use these PSA videos, made with BCPS students, along with their corresponding lesson plans to raise awareness and spark dialogue around issues related to bullying and diversity. Most can be used with students grades 4-12.
The Broward County Debate Initiative is a partnership between local businesses and high school debate programs within Broward County. With sponsorship options ranging from individual tournament travel to full-year team assistance, your investment will help build resumés, teach valuable life skills, and ultimately change lives.
- First Call for Help: Dial 211 for information and resources.
- BCPS Mental Health Resources
- BCPS Mental Health & Wellness Portal
- CDC’s Resources for Parents and Families
- Child Mind Institute Parent's Guide to Traumatic Event
- Coping with Grief after Community Violence
- Depression in Children and Adolescents
- Lets Help - A Guide for Grownups Helping Children though Tough Times
- National Institute of Mental Health, 1-301-496-4000
- SAMHSA, National Mental Health Information Center
- "See Something. Hear Something. Say Something." Reporting Poster
- Supporting Children in the Aftermath of Crisis and Loss
- Teen Health, The Nemours Foundation
- Youth Forum on Mindfulness & Mental Health