What is the PTA?
PTA stands for Parent Teacher Association. The mission of the PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality.
- Powerful voice for all children
- Relevant resource for families and communities
- Strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child
Serve as a type of forum where parents, teachers, administrators, and other concerned adults discuss ways to promote quality education, strive to expand the arts, encourage community involvement, and work for a healthy environment and safe neighborhoods
- Join the PTA
- Attend Meetings
- Volunteer to support PTA activities and projects
- Regular updates on school activities and policies
- Access to teachers and administrators at your child's school
- Access to parents of other children at the school
- A forum to discuss concerns and problems at school
- If the problem needs attention from the state or national government, any local, district, or state PTA can bring the issue to the attention of the National PTA
- Access to resources on parenting, education, and more from the National PTA
- Appreciation from teachers for all your help.
- Education about school policies, state funding, and other issues concerning your school.
Our PTA meets every 3rd Wednesday of the month at 2:30 P.M. in the Media Center. We hope that you can join us, as your voice is important! Parent volunteers can make a difference in the lives of our children.
PTA is a child advocacy organization with a presence locally and nationally that is used to help create a positive nurturing atmosphere in the schools here children can learn. The goal of the local PTA is to enhance our children's education by providing innovative, fun and interesting programs that augment classroom learning, volunteering in the classroom to help teachers with projects and events, and conduct events on campus that provide good clean fun for all the children.
On the state and national level, the PTA not only helps train our local leaders/members and provide valuable information but also creates a presence on the political scene working to educate and influence our legislators regarding issues that affect all of our children.
Be a part of our school - your community, and join PTA!