Dear Tradewinds Elementary School's Community,
It was wonderful to see the primary-aged children last Friday and this morning and we look forward to seeing students in grades 3-5 in a few hour (only if a selection was made for Face-to-Face eLearning or if you have communicated with our school stating that you would like your child(ren) to return to campus)! We returned "TrAdewinds Style" and I would give everyone an A+ We will continue with the exact procedures tomorrow morning as we welcome more than 350 students.
Our school will be power cleaned with an electrostatic sprayer on a daily basis.
Below are a few items to focus on tomorrow that would be most helpful for the children and would assist everyone involved for maximum learning time and physical distancing:
- How do I put on my mask?
- How do I tie my shoes?
- How do I open my lunch items?
- How do I log into my computer?
- How do I access Teams and Canvas?
- How do I go home?
Please follow these important guidelines for ARRIVAL:
1. Beginning at 7:30 a.m. students will physically distance as they line up in our courtyard and continue down the outdoor covered walkway. Masks covering the nose and mouth are mandatory on our school's grounds. Students are not permitted prior to 7:30 a.m.
2. If students are being dropped off in the car line, please note that staff is unable to open car doors and that all students are to exit their vehicle on the passenger side.
3. Students are to arrive with the following items: Fully charged laptop and charger, headphones or earbuds, a filled water bottle and an index card with their FIRST and LAST NAME, TEACHER'S NAME and HOW THEY ARE GOING HOME (For example: car rider,
walker, bus, bicycle rider, ASP, Private aftercare). We recognize the challenge of bringing these items and are working on a solution. Once we have our classroom charging stations, students with SBBC rented computers will be able to charge their computer over night at Tradewinds. Students who do not have a SBBC rented computer, do not need to bring their personal device from home as we will provide them one for the day (optional).
Students are permitted to use a rolling backpack due to these special circumstances.
4. Once walking through the courtyard doors, students will sanitize their hands and be directed to their morning waiting area. Parents and visitors will not be permitted inside the building. Therefore, please continue to prepare you child(ren) for this new experience. Staff will be on hand to direct your child(ren) either to breakfast in our school's cafeteria or to their classroom.
In preparation for another safe Dismissal, all parents of car riders will need to use their Car Dash Sign that went home on Friday. Otherwise, please create your own with large bold letters stating Child's First and Last Name, Teacher's Name and Grade Level. Please also remain in your car as walkups are not permitted. If your child(ren) is a Walker, then kindly wait in the grassy area between the marquee and the sidewalk.
SAVE THE DATES
Tuesday, October 13th - FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL for Third Grade, Fourth Grade and Fifth Grade
Wednesday, October 14th - EARLY RELEASE DAY (12:00 p.m.)
Friday, October 16th - EARLY RELEASE DAY (12:00 p.m.) and End of Quarter 1
Monday, October 19th - TEACHER PLANNING DAY (No School)
Tuesday, October 20th - Beginning of Quarter 2
Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. Your email address and the contents of any email sent to the sender of this communication will be released in response to any request for public records, except as excluded by F.S. 119.071, 1002.22(3) (d) [student records], or any other law of the State of Florida. If you do not want your email address to be released as part of any public records request, do not send email to this address, rather contact this office by phone or in writing.
The School Board of Broward County, Florida expressly prohibits bullying, including cyberbullying, by or towards any student or employee. See Policy 5.9: Anti-Bullying for additional Information.