Welcome to Dania Elementary School’s website. The Dania staff and I are honored to have the opportunity to work with our students, parents, and community. We are proud that we earned an “A” school rating! Although we are celebrating this accomplishment, we are not resting on past successes, we will continue to provide a world-class education to the students who walk our hallways.
New standards, increased rigor, and pending new state assessments have created challenges, but I am confident that our staff, students, and stakeholders can rise to overcome any barriers placed before us. We are a school with a rich history of excellence, and our pledge to each parent and student is that we will continue to strive for excellence. Our mission will continue to be focused on providing an education that involves the “whole” child. We plan to continue to offer Music, Art and Physical Education classes next year. Many of the student-centered programs that make Dania such a special place to learn will be continued.
Dania Elementary continues to be involved in many initiatives again this year. Some of our accomplishments, initiatives, and/or activities include:
· Received the Golden School Award for Outstanding Volunteerism for the 15th Year
· Annual Kickball Tournament
· Participated in Community Events: Library Dedication, Tree Lighting Ceremony, Parades, Education Advisory Committee, MLK Celebrations, and Clean Up Program.
· Over $50,000 in Grants Received by School Staff in the past 4 Years
· Free After School Dolphin Tutoring
· Sought and obtained financial awards to create a Butterfly Reading Garden and several theme-based gardens around the school
· Fully Accredited for Over 50 Years
· Participated in Monthly Title 1 Family Nights
· Fund raising activities to promote Autism Research
· Sponsor Free Student School Clubs: Violin Classes, DEN Morning Announcements, Chess (2nd & 3rd Grades) Global Patrol, Boys II Men, and Safety Patrol,
· School wide Music Performances
· Educational and Fun Field Trips
· Dr. Seuss Day Activities
· Numerous Staff & Student Multicultural Activities
· Hosted the Annual Jingle Jog Fund Raiser
· Several Teachers Applied and Received Grants for Special Projects that Directly Impact Student Achievement.
This is an exciting place to work and learn! I look forward to leading Dania Elementary into its second century of providing a high quality education to thousands of students!
We will build on a past of rich traditions while exploring new and innovative teaching strategies to foster the world’s future leaders and environmental caretakers.
Lewis Jackson, Ed. D. Principal