Before and After Care
Our mission is to provide students with an inclusive child care program that is safe and nurturing in a comfortable environment. A culturally enriching program that promotes the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social development of each child; and a program that meets the highest quality of child care standards.
The goal of our After Care Program is to serve the community by offering a high-quality after-school child care program of developmentally appropriate activities in a wholesome and safe environment.
The program promotes the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social development of each child. We encourage our students to become life-long learners and foster partnerships with parents, students, staff, and the community.
Our After Care Program provides professional care, supervision, recreational and educational activities. This program allows children to experience activities within an environment planned to complement the philosophy and value system of the school and family. We strive to provide individual attention, security, consistency, and fair treatment from children and working parents.
All staff members have been fingerprinted and cleared to work for the Broward County School system. Staff also complete state-mandated childcare training. Some activities have assistance from School Board employees.
We work together to help each child grow in maturity and self-respect and understanding for others are realized. We also understand that children need fun-filled activities as well as educational ones.
If you know in advance that your child/children will be absent from the After Care Program for any extended amount of time, please notify us in writing. Or you can call (954) 621-6946 after 1:30 p.m. or (954) 596-9000 between 9:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
If your child was marked “present” in the classroom, we expect him/her to attend the After Care Program unless advised by you via phone or note - We take attendance every day by 2:15 p.m. to ensure that all children arrive in After Care safely.
Much concern is expressed and valuable time wasted by searching for a child who went home early with a parent or friend. If a child does not arrive in After Care by attendance time, we immediately check with the regular school office and then the classroom teacher for information as to the whereabouts of a child. If there is no confirmation from either by 3:00, the police will be contacted.
At 2:00 p.m., the regular classroom teacher will dismiss the students. Those enrolled in After Care should proceed directly to their assigned meeting area. After Care Counselors will escort Kindergarten students to their meeting area. Kindergarten students are picked up by the aftercare staff.
Authorized persons will come to the After Care Office located in the cafeteria to sign out the students. All people signing out children need to show a picture I.D.
Only those persons listed on the registration form will be allowed to pick up your child from the After Care Program.
Only the person who registered the student and signed the registration form can make any changes to the registration form.
With the safety and well-being of the children in mind, it is MOST important that parents fill out the emergency sheet and adhere to the guidelines. Parents are urged to provide us with current telephone numbers and a list of authorized persons in case of emergencies.
Be sure to keep your contact numbers up to date. If we need to reach you, we need valid telephone numbers.
One of the most important regulations of the After Care Program concerns children leaving the premises. Parents may not take their children home without notifying the After Care office and signing the child out.
Registration and Fees
- $249.00 every 3 weeks for the After Care program. Only check or money order payments will be taken. Please visit www.aspkids.com for additional information.
- 5% discount for additional siblings and school board employee children.
- Prompt tuition payment and prompt pick up by 6:00 p.m.is the responsibility of the parent.
- Late payments add an additional $36.00 re-registration fee.
All county After Care responsibilities ends at 6:00 p.m. There will be a late fee of $5.00 for the first 15 minutes or a portion of there (per child). If your child is still here after 7:00 p.m. and we have not been able to reach anyone at home, work, or at the emergency numbers, the Broward Sheriff’s Office will be notified. The pick-up time is established by the Broward County School Board and MUST be strictly followed.
- The third late pick-up will result in an administrative review and may be cause for dismissal from the program.
- Tuition is due on or before the date provided on the tuition sheet. School Board Policy requires that a child must be registered and required fees must be paid before he/she can attend the After-Care Program.
- Failure to make payment on time will result in the dismissal of your child/children from the After Care Program.
- A $36.00 Re-registration charge will be applied again to enroll back in the program.
- After Care is open from dismissal time at 2:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. on school days. On “early release” days, after-care begins at 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Field trips are provided when there is no school at an additional $30.00 per child, non-refundable/non-transferable, except for major holidays.