School Improvement Plan (SIP)
A School Improvement Plan (SIP) containing specific objectives and action steps for achieving Florida's educational goals is required for all schools. The SAC has the primary responsibility for monitoring the implementation of the annual SIP. The SIP must be approved by the School Board.
Components of the School Improvement Plan:
- Early Warning Indicators
- School Report Card
- K-12 Comprehensive Reading Plan
- Professional Learning Communities (PLC)
- Response to Intervention (MTSS/RtI) Plan
- Social & Emotional Learning Plan (SEL)
- School-Wide Positive Behavior Plan (SPBP)
- Attendance Plan
- School Counseling Plan
- Equity Plan
- Best Practices in Inclusive Education (BPIE)
- SAC Documentation
- Cognia eProve Survey Results
- Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Plan
Our vision is that Gulfstream Early Learning Center is a Model School of High-Quality Early Childhood Education, including family strengthening, community partnerships, and educator professional development impacting the entire Broward County and South Florida Community.
Gulfstream Early Learning Center will provide the highest quality early care and education while engaging in intergenerational, community-focused, family strengthening services and offering professional development opportunities for early childhood educators throughout Broward County and South Florida.
Gulfstream Early Learning Center
Welcome to Gulfstream Early Learning Center. The school serves infants and toddlers through Early Head Start, three and four-year-old children through Head Start classes as well as 4-year-old Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) classes. Additionally, we are excited to offer a FREE extended day program for our 3 & 4-year-old PreK students in conjunction with Memorial Healthcare System through a grant with United Way.
- Preschool children (Head Start and VPK) should arrive no later than 7:55 am. Early Head Start children should arrive by 7:00 am.
- All children receive free breakfast.
- VPK students must apply and be approved to receive a free or reduced-price lunch.
- We do not require school uniforms, but children should be comfortable playing inside or outside.
- Children need tennis shoes (not sandals) for safety reasons.
- We like for our students to have REGULAR SIZED BACKPACKS (no rolling wheels).
- Your child will need a small blanket (or beach towel) to cover during nap time.
- Please have a change of clothes in a plastic bag inside the book bag in the event of a spill or accident.
The hours for Early Head Start are 7:00 am-3:00 pm.
Main Office 7:15 AM - 5:00 PM
Early Head Start 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Head Start/VPK Preschool 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
ESOL/GED Classes (Daytime) 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
(Twilight) 3:00 PM - 7:30 PM (Monday-Thursday)
Hispanic Unity Offices 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
MECCA (Tutoring K-12) 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM (Monday-Thursday)
We recommend that you invest in a permanent marker and mark all items on the inside tag with your child’s name. This helps us to get any/all misplaced items back to their rightful owner.