If you love to read and help children, then volunteering in the Media Center is a wonderful opportunity. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help with the following areas.
- shelve books
- prepare materials
- to assist with the book fair
- type certificates
- assist with inventory
If you are interested, please contact the Media Specialist. Before volunteering, you must complete the online application. We look forward to hearing from you!
...to support, compliment, and expand the instructional program of Coral Cove Elementary and to provide free and open access to all information resources to members of the school community. Library media services and resources strive to meet the varying needs of all learners and satisfy the educational needs and interests of the students. The library media center provides a learning environment which promotes inquiry, creativity, self-direction, and communication of ideas through both print and non-print media. We look forward to seeing you in the media center!
Please remember to pay for your lost library books.
We sincerely welcome gifts and donations in the form of materials or monetary funds. All donations are reviewed according to the collection and development policy and must meet the same criteria as all other items. Books not accepted for the collection will be disposed of in a manner determined by the library. The use and disposal will be at the discretion of the LMS in the interest of maintaining an appropriate and balanced collection.
The donation should meet the following criteria before adding to the collection.
- The offered items are within the scope of the library’s collection and their use falls within the stated library mission.
- The library has enough time and resources to process and maintain the offered items.
- The item does not unnecessarily duplicate materials already held.
- The item’s condition is acceptable.
- The library has space to store the donated items.
- The item is supportive of the school's curriculum or interests of faculty and students and is on an appropriate elementary school academic level.
Elizabeth De la Cruz