Media Center opens at 7:30 AM.
If you love to read and help children, then volunteering in the Media Center is a wonderful opportunity. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help with the following areas.
- shelve books
- prepare materials
- to assist with the book fair
- type certificates
- assist with inventory
If you are interested, please contact the Media Specialist. Before volunteering, you must complete the online application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Reading Across Broward:
Reading Record Sheet Level One - VPK, K, 1st and 2nd Grade
Reading Record Sheet Level One - 3rd, 4th & 5th Grade
- Take good care of our books.
- Return books on time. Books may be checked out for one week and maybe renewed two times.
- Two books may be checked out at a time for 2nd to 5th grade. K and 1st may check out one book at a time.
- Use whisper voices.
- Books may be checked out for one week and maybe renewed two times. Please return books in a timely manner. Take care of books while in use. Use whisper voices in the Media Center. Computers are available for student or parent use in the Media Center.
Students in the following grades may check out books:
- First and Second grade - 1 book
- Third, Fourth, and Fifth grade - 2 books
- Kindergarten - 1 book after the 2nd quarter
- Parents are also able to check out 1 book.
We sincerely welcome gifts and donations in the form of materials or monetary funds. All donations are reviewed according to the collection and development policy and must meet the same criteria as all other items. Books not accepted for the collection will be disposed of in a manner determined by the library. The use and disposal will be at the discretion of the LMS in the interest of maintaining an appropriate and balanced collection.
The donation should meet the following criteria before adding to the collection.
- The offered items are within the scope of the library’s collection and their use falls within the stated library mission.
- The library has enough time and resources to process and maintain the offered items.
- The item does not unnecessarily duplicate materials already held.
- The item’s condition is acceptable.
- The library has space to store the donated items.
- The item is supportive of the school's curriculum or interests of faculty and students and is on an appropriate elementary school academic level.