If you love to read and help children, then volunteering in the Media Center is a wonderful opportunity. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help with the following areas.
- shelve books
- prepare materials
- to assist with the book fair
- type certificates
- assist with inventory
If you are interested, please contact the Media Specialist. Before volunteering, you must complete the online application. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Take good care of our books.
- Return books on time. Books may be checked out for one week and may be renewed two times.
- Two books may be checked out at a time for 2nd to 5th grade. K and 1st may check out one book at a time.
- Use whisper voices.
We sincerely welcome gifts and donations in the form of materials or monetary funds. All donations are reviewed according to the collection and development policy and must meet the same criteria as all other items. Books not accepted for the collection will be disposed of in a manner determined by the library. The use and disposal will be at the discretion of the LMS in the interest of maintaining an appropriate and balanced collection.
The donation should meet the following criteria before adding to the collection.
- The offered items are within the scope of the library’s collection and their use falls within the stated library mission.
- The library has enough time and resources to process and maintain the offered items.
- The item does not unnecessarily duplicate materials already held.
- The item’s condition is acceptable.
- The library has space to store the donated items.
- The item is supportive of the school's curriculum or interests of faculty and students and is on an appropriate elementary school academic level.
We are in the process of collecting Common Core Exemplar Books and seek a obtain 6 of each of the following books:
- My Five Senses by Aliki
- Starfish by Edith Thacher Hurd
- A Tree is a Plant by Clyde Robert Bulla
- A Weed Is a Flower: The Life of George Washington Carver by Aliki
- Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
- Are You My Mother? By P.D. Eastman
- Hi, Fly Guy! By Tedd Arnold
- Frog and Toad Together by Arnold Lobel
- Put Me In the Zoo by Robert Lopshire
- Little Bear by Else Holmelund Minarik
- Owl at Home by Arnold Lobel
- Bats Love the Night by Nicola Davies
- From Seed to Plant by Gail Gibbons
- Bats: Creatures of the Night by Joyce Milton
- So You Want to Be President? By Judith St. George
- Martin Luther King, Jr. and the March on Washington by Frances E. Ruffin
- A Medieval Feast by Aliki
- Throw Your Tooth on the Roof: Tooth Traditions from Around the World by Selby B. Beeler
- Boy, Were We Wrong About Dinosaurs! By Kathleen V. Kudlinski
- Moonshot: The Flight of Apollo 11 by Brian Floca
- Where Do Polar Bears Live? By Sarah L. Thomson
- Art Around the World by Heather Leonard
- Henry and Mudge: The First Book of Their Adventures by Cynthia Rylant
- Tops & Bottoms by Janet Stevens
- Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachian
- The Stories Julian Tells by Ann Cameron
- My Father’s Dragon by Ruth Stiles Gannett
- The Treasure by Uri Shulevitz
- Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa by Erica Silverman
- The Fire Cat by Esther Averill
- Amos & Boris by William Steig
- Poppleton in Winter by Cynthia Rylant
- The Raft by Jim LaMarche
- The One-Eyed Giant by Mary Pope Osborne
- The Lighthouse Family: The Storm by Cynthia Rylant