Who is Eligible?
For the International Baccalaureate-Middle Years Programme, students must have a demonstrated record of academic achievement on:
• Florida Standards Assessment Exam (FSA) English Language Arts and Mathematics or Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry End-of-Course exam - Level 4 or Level 5
• Students must have a minimum 3.0 unweighted GPA or better
• Students who do not have FSA scores must have a nationally recognized norm-referenced standardized examination with scores of 90th percentile or above in total reading and total mathematics and have a minimum 3.0 unweighted GPA or better
Magnet Application Information
- Before completing a magnet application, you will need to ensure that your child has a student identification number with Broward County Public Schools. If the student does not have a student identification number, you may secure the identification number from your child's home boundary school or any public school in Broward County.
- Faxed or incomplete applications will NOT be processed. Only one application per student will be accepted. Applications received or postmarked after the Magnet window provided by the district will be processed at a later date pending space availability.
- Parents/Guardians must provide a copy of most recent FSA test scores by mail, fax, or email. If FSA scores are not available, applicants must provide nationally recognized standardized test scores in reading and mathematics.
- Parents/Guardians must submit a copy of their most recent report card by mail, fax, or email.
All report cards and FSA test scores can be submitted by mail, fax, or email:
Broward County Public Schools
Office of School Choice
600 SE 3RD Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
If you have any questions and need assistance, please contact Demographic & Student Assignment (754-321-2480) or contact the MYP Coordinator, Ms. J. Louis at 754-322-3500