IB Middle Years International Baccalaureate Program
Download Adobe Reader to view or print PDF
The IB Program is an internationally standardized accelerated honors course of study for highly motivated and academically talented students. Higher-level thinking skills, integrated curriculum, thematic units, international-mindedness, and intercultural awareness combine to provide a well-rounded education. This unique magnet program challenges students to become self-directed learners and responsible world citizens.
What makes this program unique?
- Unlike other magnet or choice options, the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) is a rigorous academic program focusing on ALL SUBJECT AREAS rather than one area of interest or ability.
- The entrance requirements are the most stringent in Broward County.
- Students participate in 8 required subjects.
- There is a strong emphasis on advanced coursework and becoming fluent in another language.
- At the core of the program is the IB Learner Profile, which represents 10 attributes valued by IB World Schools, students, staff, and stakeholders.
- Approaches to Learning (Skills that teach students how to learn).
- The International Baccalaureate Organization must train its teachers.
What are the advantages of this program?
- All Advanced Courses
- Opportunity to earn up to 6 High School Credits
- Development of the Whole Child
- Growth of Character and Abilities
- Service Learning
- Motivated Peers
- Global Concepts
- Students are held to International Standards
- Well-rounded preparation for the High School IB Diploma Program