IB Middle Years International Baccalaureate Program
The IB Program is an internationally standardized accelerated honors course of study for highly motivated and academically talented students. Higher-level thinking skills, integrated curriculum, thematic units, international-mindedness, and intercultural awareness combine to provide a well-rounded education. This unique magnet program challenges students to become self-directed learners and responsible world citizens.
What makes this program unique?
- Unlike other magnet or choice options, the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) is a rigorous academic program focusing on ALL SUBJECT AREAS rather than one area of interest or ability.
- The entrance requirements are the most stringent in Broward County.
- Students participate in 8 required subjects.
- There is a strong emphasis on advanced course work and becoming fluent in another language.
- At the core of the program is the IB Learner Profile which represents 10 attributes valued by IB World Schools, students, staff, and stakeholders.
- Approaches to Learning (Skills that teach students how to learn).
- Teachers must be trained by the International Baccalaureate Organization.
What are the advantages of this program?
- All Advanced Courses
- Opportunity to earn up to 6 High School Credits
- Development of the Whole Child
- Growth of Character and Abilities
- Service Learning
- Motivated Peers
- Global Concepts
- Students are held to International Standards
- Well-rounded preparation for the High School IB Diploma Program