Clubs and organizations are a great way to help develop character and the skills that will benefit you in school, your career, and in life. Skills like commitment, leadership, effective communication, and being able to work successfully in a group all come from participating in a club or organization. Joining a club is a great way to make friends, develop leadership skills, and boost your college resumé.
Safety Patrol is coordinated by our 5th Grade Teachers. Safety Patrol duties are available to selected 5th-grade students.
The Safety Patrol Program deserves recognition as:
- A safety measure
- A character-building programs
- As a leadership development program
- Citizenship and volunteerism in action
- A real-world “lab” that teaches life skills such as teamwork, responsibility, problem-solving, and effective communication
- Means to enhance rapport between students and authority figures (school officers, law enforcement)
- A program that creates positive role models for younger students
Ms. McCauley, our Media Center Specialist, coordinates a daily morning news program on WCPE-TV. Students from our 5th grade classes are selected to serve as anchors, reporters, camera operators, directors, technicians, etc. They provide the school with important information and current events.