Welcome to Coral Park Elementary (CPE) for the 2019-20 school year! The collaborative efforts of our staff and students have earned Coral Park an “A” grade within the State of Florida’s Education Accountability metrics. As a Title 1 School, we currently service over 625 students from Pre-K to 5th grade. Our dedicated and passionate staff is committed to fostering a learning environment where safety, respect, accountability, and support are highly evident. At Coral Park, we embrace a growth mindset that encourages learners to seek, examine, experience and develop by embracing learning opportunities. While focusing on the academics, we also support and develop the social and emotional well-being of our students. At CPE, we encourage and promote kindness as well as recognizing and accepting each other's uniqueness, abilities, and individuality. We continuously work on developing leadership skills within our students. We invite you to embrace our school's theme of “Leading with Kindness” and partner with us on our leadership and kindness campaigns.
Program options include:
- Full-day Pre-K - Parents now have the option of Free VPK throughout the school year with an optional extended day enrichment program.
- Blended/Personalized Learning Program - Each of our third, fourth and fifth grade students will be provided with their own laptop and instructed by dedicated teachers using a blended, personalized learning model.
- “A”-Team Special Program – This program is designed to support our Pre-K through fifth grade students who have been identified with special needs.
Student In-School Opportunities, include but are not limited to:
- Our specials include Art, Music, and Physical Education (PE) on a three-day rotation. In addition, all students participate in thirty minutes of physical education through their classroom teacher on any day that they do not have PE in the special rotation.
- Students in K through 5th grade receive grade level appropriate lessons in student success skills delivered by our highly qualified and experienced school counselor.
- Our renowned Play Pal program partners 3rd through 5th grade students with students that have special needs in grades K to 5. The program aims to integrate and help students with special needs to receive athletic, academic and social peer support.
- We develop and promote leadership skills through Safety Patrols and Student Council for students in our intermediate grades.
- WCPE broadcasts our live daily news with student news anchors, producers, and camera crew.
- Students will have the opportunity to participate our Junior Quantum Leap initiative to prepare for Advanced and Honor courses in the middle and high school.
Student Afterschool Opportunities, include but are not limited to:
- Afterschool care is offered for a fee onsite from 2 to 6 pm through Community Afterschool Programs (CAS).
- Under the direction of our music teacher, chorus and ukulele clubs are offered for our third, fourth, and fifth grade students.
- We offer a variety of afterschool opportunities such as Art, Math, and Debate Clubs. For an additional fee, our local businesses offer Cheerleading, Drama, and Taekwondo opportunities on our campus.
Parent Enrichment and Outreach Opportunities:
- Principal and Parent Chats - This is an opportunity for the parent community to have an informal but informative chat with the principal. Please refer to the school calendar online for these dates or call the front office.
- Parent University – These interactive training sessions are designed to help you gain a greater understanding of strategies to support your child’s needs. You will receive information throughout the year as to the dates and times of these sessions.
- School Advisory Council (SAC) and School Advisory Forum (SAF) are opportunities for parents to have an active voice in framing the school and district policies.
- Become an active member of Coral Park’s PTA. PTA coordinates numerous events and activities to support our students and families. PTA membership information is located within your student’s first day packets.
Please refer to our website throughout the year for up to date information. I look forward to the collaborative effort of all our stakeholders--students, parents, and staff as we strive for a year of academic, social and emotional excellence in a kind and supportive learning environment.
Your Proud Principal