The Media Center is a learning hub that encourages meaningful exploration, creation, and collaboration between students, teachers, and the community. Student engagement, personalized and collaborative learning opportunities, and expanded access to a variety of resources will increase student learning. We aim to empower and guide students to learn in a creative and productive environment. Integrating technology with the curriculum creates a positive experience for each student.
Our Media Center has a searchable library collection that can be accessed through Destiny Discover. Students and parents can search by title, author, or topic for materials in the media center, classroom libraries, or books on classroom reading lists. To help students locate both print and eBooks, access Follett Destiny Library. Your student's Single Sign On can access this information from school or home.
School Library Media Program:
- Provides resources that meet a broad range of individual learning styles, abilities, interests, and curriculum needs, including multicultural education.
- Stimulates and promotes information literacy through quality instruction, empowering students to become effective readers, information users, critical thinkers, creative problem solvers, and lifelong learners.
- Strengthens effective teaching and learning through collaboration.
- Stimulates and promotes literacy in reading, listening, viewing and communicating for both pleasure and information.
- Utilizes technology to address expanding information needs.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Media Center Rules
- Take good care of our books.
- Return books on time.
- Books may be checked out for one week and may be renewed two times.
- Two books may be checked out at a time.
- Lost or damaged books must be paid for through the eStore.
Online Library Resources
The district provides online resources to ensure equitable access to information that will improve student performance and achievement. Students can use Clever to access Follett Destiny for age-appropriate materials that support educational and social-emotional needs.