Meet the Counselor
School counselors promote and enhance achievement with an annual comprehensive school counseling plan that ensures that every student receives school counseling services. Credentialed school counselors provide comprehensive counseling programs that incorporate prevention and intervention with continuous academic, career and personal/development activities that will prepare them for meaningful participation in a diverse, changing world. These activities include classroom guidance, small groups for skill mastery, individual counseling for students with specific needs, and a variety of other proactive and innovative ways to support student performance.
School counselors implement a program based on the National Standards for School Counseling Programs and the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) National Model. They also provide resources to staff, students, families, and others to ensure that a family-friendly environment is established and ensure that students have access to a safe school climate necessary for academic and social/emotional growth.
School Counseling Services:
- Parents are always welcome to come in or call 754-323-6920 for assistance or advice.
- EMail: Meagan.Thomson
- Short-term individual counseling (not intensive therapy)
- Group counseling
- Classroom guidance lessons
- Consultation with teachers and parents
- Collaboration with teachers and parents
- School-wide character education and Kids of Character
- Coordination of student services including homeless (H.E.A.R.T.), 504s, foster care, mentoring, ESOL, prevention programs, social/emotional learning (SEL)