The Broward County Middle School Athletic Association (MSAA) of Broward County Public Schools is committed to building leaders through sportsmanship, citizenship, and fair play. MSAA currently oversees 59 public and charter middle schools and 8 different sports. The MSAA sports are Soccer, Cross Country, Golf, Basketball, Track & Field Events, Flag Football, Volleyball, and Floorball.
All student-athletes must maintain a minimum of a 2.0 GPA. Students who fall below this standard are ineligible to play.
Athletics at Plantation MS
Athletics plays an important part in a child's life. Team sports and activities promote good physical health, social skills, and communication skills. When students learn to work together as a team, they build a foundation for good sportsmanship.
Covid 19 Game Procedures
In order to maintain appropriate social distance during the games, the following procedures will be in place:
- Only 50 tickets will be available online starting the Friday before home games. Tickets will not be available online the day of the games. Unsold online tickets will be available at the gate on game day. Each ticket costs $3.
- Once you purchase your online ticket, please do not redeem the ticket until you arrive at the ticket gate.
- Only parents/guardians will be allowed to attend the games.
- We have three sets of bleachers; one on the visitor’s side, and two on the home team’s side. Sitting areas on the bleachers will be clearly marked.
- Only 7 people will be allowed to sit in each set of bleachers.
- Brown folding chairs will be located on each side of the field for spectators. These chairs will be spaced six feet apart, and spectators are required to sit in the chairs.
- If you bring your own chair, please make sure you are sitting at least six feet from anyone else.
- Brown folding chairs will also be placed on the sidelines for the players, who are not on the playing field.
Meet Our Athletic Director
I taught for 8 years in Milwaukee Public schools from 2007 to 2015 and was a varsity head baseball coach.
Additionally, I taught middle and high school physical education and health courses for three years and was the athletic director for one year in 2015 before moving to Florida.
From 2015 to 2016, I taught in South Florida, including being the athletic director at a charter school in Hollywood for two years. I have been a middle school flag football coach for ten years.
I was the PLMS Boys and Girls Volleyball coach this 2021-2022 school year.
Should you have any problems, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Coach Cory McEwen
Our Boys PLMS Team won the Division 6 Championship Title, going 6-0 in the division.
Athlete Requirements at PLMS
PLANTATION MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETICS
Student-Athlete Eligibility Requirements
- MSAA Parent Permission slip signed;
- Insurance Card copy needed on file;
- Doctor Physical Exam signed by a physician (school health exam form);
- Adult Driver Form after games and practices signed by parent or guardian;
- G.P.A. from the previous quarter in school at 2.0 or higher;
- Students cannot have two (2) failing grades within a quarter.
All spectators must purchase game tickets using the GoFan app. Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) continues to enforce increased safety and security measures at all district sporting events taking place on school campuses. Therefore, masks are required to be worn inside the gym for all fans. Additionally, spectators are not permitted to carry bags or backpacks inside event venues, except for diaper bags, which will be searched prior to entering. Clear plastic bags no larger than one gallon in size (approximately 10” x 12”) will also be permitted. There will be law enforcement and security presence at the sporting events and there is no re-admittance. We thank you for your cooperation.
WE ARE PLAYING BASKETBALL!
Let's Go Patriots!
Price: $3.00 for Students and Children
$4.00 for Adults
Tickets are not sold at the door.
Track & Field
Boys and Girls Coach - Coach Radtke
Track & Field Frequently Asked questions
Track and Field Info