Crystal Lake Middle School Profile
School Improvement Plan (SIP)
A School Improvement Plan (SIP) containing specific objectives and action steps for achieving Florida's educational goals is required for all schools. The SAC has the primary responsibility for monitoring the implementation of the annual SIP. The SIP must be approved by the School Board.
Components of the School Improvement Plan:
- Early Warning Indicators
- School Report Card
- K-12 Comprehensive Reading Plan
- Professional Learning Communities (PLC)
- Response to Intervention (MTSS/RtI) Plan
- Social & Emotional Learning Plan (SEL)
- School-Wide Positive Behavior Plan (SPBP)
- Attendance Plan
- School Counseling Plan
- Equity Plan
- Best Practices in Inclusive Education (BPIE)
- SAC Documentation
- Cognia eProve Survey Results
- Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Plan
Crystal Lake Middle School will ensure that ALL students will be able to read, write, listen, speak and think critically for college, career and life.
The mission of Crystal Lake Middle, a dual magnet and S.T.E.M. school, is to provide a relevant, rigorous, standards-based education in order for all of our students to become productive members of a 21st century, global society.
- We believe that all students deserve an opportunity to learn in a safe, secure, and positive learning environment.
- We believe it is our responsibility to ensure that all students are highly engaged in a rigorous and relevant curriculum.
- We believe it is our responsibility to ensure that we differentiate the curriculum to meet the needs of all of students and their individual learning styles.
- We believe that all students need to be assessed on a regular basis to ensure mastery of our standards based curriculum.
- We believe all students need to be prepared for an ever-increasing technological and global society.
- We believe in ongoing professional development for teachers to ensure that they are aware of the latest research.
- We believe in the child study process to ensure that students receive appropriate interventions in an effort to decrease negative behaviors.
- We believe in authentic evaluation of student achievement such as project-based assessments in addition to test scores.
- We believe in data driven decision-making.
- We believe in celebrating the successes and accomplishments of our school and its stakeholders.