Welcome to the Palmview Media Center Homepage
Enter a world where you will discover that books are magic!
See what electronic and print resources we have for you to become an effective user of information.
Open to all Palmview students, their families, and staff.
While you are here, visit our Parent Resource Center and WPLV, our broadcast studio.
Don’t leave without a book to explore, a new technological skill, valuable knowledge, or a useful resource.
Please come share with us and have some fun!
The Palmview Media Program Mission is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information so they may become lifelong learners.
Believe, Achieve, Succeed!
If you need assistance in reading or understanding this newsletter, please call the school.
Si necesita ayuda para leer o entender esta notificación, por favor llame al colegio.
Si ou bezwen ed pou li ak konprann let sa-a: ou ka rele lekol-la.
If you love to read and help children, then volunteering in the Media Center is a wonderful opportunity. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help with the following areas.
- shelve books
- prepare materials
- to assist with the book fair
- type certificates
- assist with inventory
If you are interested, please contact the Media Specialist. Before volunteering, you must complete the online application. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Take good care of our books.
- Return books on time. Books may be checked out for one week and may be renewed two times.
- Two books may be checked out at a time for 2nd to 5th grade. K and 1st may check out one book at a time.
- Use whisper voices.
We sincerely welcome gifts and donations in the form of materials or monetary funds. All donations are reviewed according to the collection and development policy and must meet the same criteria as all other items. Books not accepted for the collection will be disposed of in a manner determined by the library. The use and disposal will be at the discretion of the LMS in the interest of maintaining an appropriate and balanced collection.
The donation should meet the following criteria before adding to the collection.
- The offered items are within the scope of the library’s collection and their use falls within the stated library mission.
- The library has enough time and resources to process and maintain the offered items.
- The item does not unnecessarily duplicate materials already held.
- The item’s condition is acceptable.
- The library has space to store the donated items.
- The item is supportive of the school's curriculum or interests of faculty and students and is on an appropriate elementary school academic level.