Dear Westwood Heights Elementary School Families and Community Members,
I want to take a moment to thank our teachers, scholars, and families for contributing to an outstanding first half of our 2018-2019 school year. As a team, we’ve accomplished so much already and are looking forward to finishing the year strong as we strive to achieve a school grade of an A for the first time ever! Don’t forget to join us each month at our School Advisory Council Meetings. Meetings are the first Monday of each month at 3:30 PM in the media center.
During the first semester, our scholars enjoyed several field trips including visiting the Frost Science Museum in Miami, Parkway School of the Arts Holiday Extravaganza, Special Olympics, and various drama productions offered through the SEAS program. We look forward to returning to St. Augustine with our 4th & 5th graders, JA BizTown, and many more.
Spring time is also our time to show what we know through a series of statewide assessments. We will continue offering extended learning opportunities for our scholars to ensure they are fully prepared to maximize achievement. Below you will find our winter/spring assessment schedule for district and state-wide assessments.
· January 30th-31st: Broward Standards Assessment for ELA: Reading Component ~ Grades 1-5
· February 1st & 4th: Broward Standards Assessment for Science ~ 5th Grade Only
· February 5th-6th: Broward Standards Assessment for Mathematics ~ Grades 3-5
· April 2nd: 4th & 5th Grades FSA Writing Component
· April 2nd-3rd: 3rd Grade FSA for ELA: Reading Component
· May 1st-2nd: 4th & 5th Grades: FSA for ELA: Reading Component
· May 3rd & 6th: 5th Grade Statewide Science Assessment
· May 7th-8th: 3rd-5th Grades FSA: Mathematics Component
· May 7th-8th: Primary End of the Year Reading Assessment for Grades 1 & 2
As always, if you have any questions, concerns, or just want to chat, do not hesitate to reach out to me. You can call me at 754-323-7906. You can also reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter @WHEPrincipal as well as Westwood Heights Elementary @WHElementary for the latest news about our school.