Lanier-James Education Center Profile
School Improvement Plan (SIP)
A School Improvement Plan (SIP) containing specific objectives and action steps for achieving Florida's educational goals is required for all schools. The SAC has the primary responsibility for monitoring the implementation of the annual SIP. The SIP must be approved by the School Board.
Components of the School Improvement Plan:
- Early Warning Indicators
- School Report Card
- K-12 Comprehensive Reading Plan
- Professional Learning Communities (PLC)
- Response to Intervention (MTSS/RtI) Plan
- Social & Emotional Learning Plan (SEL)
- School-Wide Positive Behavior Plan (SPBP)
- Attendance Plan
- School Counseling Plan
- Equity Plan
- Best Practices in Inclusive Education (BPIE)
- SAC Documentation
- Cognia eProve Survey Results
- Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Plan
Lanier James is dedicated to the safety and educational development of all students. We foster a culture of cooperation and character building to prepare our students to enter society as productive members.
Lanier-James Education Center is a behavior change center designed to meet the needs of students who have not been successful in the traditional school setting, using innovative programs and activities.
Our goal is to provide our students with the academic and behavioral skills necessary to successfully transition them to their home school upon completion of their designated program.