Flamingo Elementary School Profile
School Improvement Plan (SIP)
A School Improvement Plan (SIP) containing specific objectives and action steps for achieving Florida's educational goals is required for all schools. The SAC has the primary responsibility for monitoring the implementation of the annual SIP. The SIP must be approved by the School Board.
Components of the School Improvement Plan:
- Early Warning Indicators
- School Report Card
- K-12 Comprehensive Reading Plan
- Professional Learning Communities (PLC)
- Response to Intervention (MTSS/RtI) Plan
- Social & Emotional Learning Plan (SEL)
- School-Wide Positive Behavior Plan (SPBP)
- Attendance Plan
- School Counseling Plan
- Equity Plan
- Best Practices in Inclusive Education (BPIE)
- SAC Documentation
- Cognia eProve Survey Results
- Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Plan
The mission of Flamingo Elementary School is to provide a safe and secure environment where a foundation of skills is built to ensure each student has developed good character and the knowledge to achieve success in all endeavors.
We, the faculty and staff, believe the goals of Flamingo Elementary School are:
- To foster an environment that allows students to learn within a safe haven-academically, emotionally, physically, and socially.
- To maintain frequent and meaningful communication between home and school in order to keep parents informed of the learning process and how it affects their children.
- To allow students the opportunity to make decisions and to accept the responsibilities for those decisions.
- To instill in students an appreciation for the diversity of all cultures.
- To ensure that all students are exposed to the latest technology that emphasizes critical skills, creative thinking, cooperation and the ability to seek out information.