- Pre-K Application - December 1, 2020 - February 8, 2021 Click here to apply.
- K-8 Application - December 1, 2020 - February 8, 2021 Click here to apply.
Notifications will be sent via email by the Demographics and Student Assignment Department on March 11, 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Is Beachside Montessori Village a public school?
Yes, Beachside Montessori Village is a Broward County Public Magnet School.
- Does Beachside Montessori Village offer a Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Education Program?
No, Beachside does not offer VPK. Our Pre-K Program is a self-supported program.
- How old should a student be to enter the Pre-K Program at Beachside Montessori Village?
The student has to be 3 or 4 years of age on or before September 1st of the school year for which you are applying.
- What are the requirements to enroll at Beachside Montessori Village?
To apply for K-8, it is required that you have a Broward County Student Identification Number which can be obtained at any Broward County Public School. You must provide an original birth certificate, a picture ID, and proof of residency in Broward County. School Choice allows any student regardless of boundary to apply. However, transportation is only provided to Broward County residents living south of I-595.
Upper School Requirements: Students applying to grades 6-8 must have a demonstrated record of academic achievement on the prior year's Florida Standards Assessment Test (FSA) English language arts and mathematics. Students must meet or exceed a 3.0 achievement level on the FSA. In addition, applicants must have a minimum 2.5 unweighted GPA or better in Language Arts, Science, Social Studies and Mathematics. Applicants must submit test scores and last quarter’s report card to email@example.com before the application deadline.
- When should the application be submitted?
For Pre-K, the application can be found online at https://www.browardschools.com/beachside or in the school’s front office. The application may be submitted by:
- Hand deliver to the front office
- Mail to 2230 Lincoln St. Hollywood, FL 33020
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to (754) 323-8090
For the K-8 program, the application can be found at https://webapp.browardschools.com/OneChoiceParentView/ParentLogin.aspx or through a link on the https://www.browardschools.com/beachside web page.
- If a student is in the wait pool for the current school year, does he/she need to re-apply for the following school year?
Yes, an application is required for every school year.
- Is there a cost to attend Beachside Montessori Village?
There is no charge for the public K-8 program. However, parents of enrolled Pre-K students will be responsible for school-related fees, such as: $100.00 registration fee and $725 monthly tuition. The registration fee of $100.00 is due at the time of the registration after receiving an acceptance letter.
- Is a child enrolled in the Pre-K program guaranteed a seat for Kindergarten at Beachside Montessori Village?
No, if at the conclusion of the Pre-K Program, you are interested in having your child attend Beachside Montessori Village’s K-8 Magnet Program, an application must be submitted to the District during the annual magnet application window. If your child has a sibling at Beachside Montessori Village that will continue to attend in the next school year, the application of a sibling will have priority for a seat, but not a guaranteed placement.
- Is there any student preference to be selected at Beachside Montessori Village?
Yes, please refer to Broward School Board Policy 5004.1. Assignment priority is given on a space available basis to the following: active duty military personal, students who have a sibling who will continue at the same Magnet school and Broward County residents.
- What is the enrollment based on?
The enrollment at Beachside Montessori Village is based on a random selection process run by Innovative Programs. This process takes place approximately one month after the closing of the magnet application window. Please refer to Broward School Policy 5004.1.
- How are the results of the random lottery selection process delivered to the applicants?
If you submitted your application by February 8, 2021, notifications will be sent via email by the Demographics and Student Assignment Department on March 11, 2021. Late applications will be processed after all on-time applications. If your child is not accepted this year, you must reapply next year.
- What are the school hours at Beachside Montessori Village?
Student drop off begins at 8:45 am. The instructional school day is from 9:15 a.m. – 3:45 p.m. Before and after school care is also available for an additional fee.
- Is transportation provided for the students at Beachside Montessori Village?
There is NO transportation provided for Pre-K students.
Transportation is provided by the Broward County School District for K-8 Magnet students who reside south of I-595 and more than two miles from the school.
- Are Exceptional Student Services provided at Beachside Montessori Village?
Yes, ESE services are provided at our school. However, there are several ESE services that are not available. If your child’s IEP services cannot be provided at Beachside Montessori Village, then your child will not be able to attend.
- Can the school be visited/toured?
The Montessori Virtual Magnet Open House is scheduled for December 10, 2020 at 6:20 p.m.