The Broward County Public School district is a nationally recognized leader in the quality and diversity of education we offer students. Magnet programs offer educational choices in Broward County Public Schools. While similar courses and programs may be available in comprehensive schools, Magnet programs attract students by offering unique opportunities for in-depth experiences and study in specific areas of interest. Each Magnet Program emphasizes a specialized theme. Our goal is to create educational interests, celebrate cultural and ethnic diversity, and foster student achievement.
Our Magnet Programs
- Expand educational choices for students
- Promote diversity within our schools
- Set high expectations for all students to improve student achievement
- Prepare students for further education and the world of work
- Develop positive school climates with an academic emphasis
- Provide real-life and hands-on experiences
- Offer mentorship and internship opportunities
Multimedia and Technology
Our Chargers learn to develop innovative and creative designs with the Multimedia and Technology Programs. We possess the following pathways in the program:
- The Digital Video and T.V. production program prepares students for careers like camera assistants, equipment operators, set builders, and television broadcast technicians. Learn more about Digital Production
- Students learn about websites, scanners, digital cameras, and computer-generated imagery. In this course, they conduct research that provides technical knowledge and skills. Learn more about our Graphic Design program.
The Hallandale Entrepreneurship Program allows students to develop business skills that will allow them to advance in their chosen pathway. Our pathways are as follows:
- Entrepreneurship program introduces students to database design, web design, programming, and business application courses. Learn more about our Entrepreneurial programs.
- Our Hospitality and Tourism program is designed to help students who want to pursue a career in tourism and hospitality management where they can see the world while impacting it.
- Our Health Science program teaches students about Anatomy and Physiology and prepares them for careers in Practical Nursing and Pharmacy. Learn more about our Health Science program.
Our cybersecurity magnet programs focuses on the skills and understanding of technological tools, machines, materials, processes, and systems in the business and cyber industries. Learn more about our Cybersecurity program.
Magnet Programs are open to qualified students throughout the state of Florida. All students entering grades K-12 may apply. Students must be five years old by September 1st to enter kindergarten. All students will demonstrate good conduct. At the secondary level, academic/talent entrance criteria have been established for admission to each Magnet Program as a means of promoting student success. Learn more about the academic requirements for middle and high school students.
The School Board of Broward County is committed to providing settings for education that promote understanding of diversity, tolerance and fair play, so that the positive tenets of a democratic society are reinforced by what students experience in schools. In the Broward County Public Schools, diversity is broadly defined to include students of different genders, of different racial and ethnic backgrounds, of various socioeconomic circumstances, those who speak English as a second language, and those who have exceptional and special needs.
- Before completing a magnet application, you will need to ensure that your child has a student identification number with Broward County Public Schools. You may secure the identification number from your child's home boundary school or any public school in Broward County.
- Faxed or incomplete applications will NOT be processed. Only one application per student will be accepted. Applications received or postmarked after February 8, 2021 will be processed at a later date pending space availability.
- Students applying to kindergarten must be five years old by September 1st.
- All Middle School and High School applicants must submit a copy of their most recent report card by mail, fax, or email.
All report cards and FSA test scores can be submitted by mail, fax, or email:
Broward County Public Schools
Office of School Choice
600 SE 3RD Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
The next opportunity to apply for a magnet program will be announced later this year.